• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Its got absolutely nothing to do with Barbel, so apologies....

Steve Williams

but.....

My sister and I are in the process of arranging to do a tandem parachute jump with some friends, in aid of the PBC Foundation.
PBC Foundation - providing support for life

My sister Sue was diagnosed with the rare and incurable condition that is PBC, about 4 years ago.

The aim is, to raise as much money as possible for the PBC foundation.
We've set a target of £350 for each person doing the jump, but I'm actually aiming for £500+ myself.

This is just a warning that over the next 6 months leading up to the jump in the spring of 2014, I'm going to be a right royal pain in the backside, asking for donations towards this charity.

Asking for money is not something I like doing, but this is something very personal to me and I'm determined to give it my best shot.

I haven't arranged any way of donating yet, as I thought I'd try doing it via paypal gifted first.
My paypal address is steve.williams@katollmetals.co.uk, please 'gift' any payments.

If you have ever been helped by me, with advice or info, please think about donating.
Even if its just £1, it all helps.

Personally, I'm in the process of loosing some weight to enable me to do the jump.
Ideally I need to get below 16 stone (jumpers can be up to 18 stone, but I thought it was a good opportunity to get myself down to below 16 stone) and I've managed to loose over a stone already.....

Ok, so you've all been warned.... please dig deep...:eek:

Many thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

it would be worth doing a Just giving or virgin money donation page. People seem to trust these two sites more then something like paypal.

i also believe that these sites also have better benefits as they are able to claim certain money back as well which means more money back into the charity.

regards

Martin

The just giving page are able to claim the tax back for a charitable donation.

I'm not sure if it's still the case but JustGiving used to charge a commission to the charity based on the funds collected, I don't think that happens with Virgin Money, you can also get the gift aid added using virgin money.

Back