• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

John Cook

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men ,

Iv been asked to put a post up by John Cooks daughter and son on this site , passing on the very sad news of John passing away last week on the 7th of November . He was a great contributor to this site , had many many friends on here , and from what i understand sent lots of PM chats to them all . A regular on the Loddon lately , and posted a lot about his catches .

He had been suffering from bowel cancer , although never moaned a bit , well not to me , as we have been chatting about bait a lot lately !. What a great outlook on life , sorely missed by all , but i know will be fishing in a river somewhere up there .

The details of the funeral are .
Tuesday 22nd November ,
Breakspear Crematorium ,
Ruislip at 3.15 .

Rest in peace mate .

Hatter

I got the sad news this morning whilst driving to the Trent.

John was a true gent, he'll be sadly missed. My sincere condolences to his family.

Very sad.

We exchanged messages and he always had time for a chat when we met on the Loddon.

I never even knew he was battling that damn disease.

A gent on the gentleman's river.

RIP John.

Such sad news, and how poignant John's ' signature ' used to end his posts seems today.
Sincere condolences to Johns family and friends.
RIP John.

sad news for bfw, condolences to johns family, a genuine loss for a lot of bfw guys, bye john but maybe theres an afterlife on those hallowed riverbanks

Very sad news, John will be missed greatly. My sincere condolences to his family.
Repect
Bob

Shocking news it really is. I dread threads where the title is someone's name. The word that will be used most will be "gent" which describes him perfectly I think. RIP John.

Terribly sad news.

In the past we spent many a time chatting on the river Loddon and elsewhere. John never gave a hint that he had been unwell.

I'm sitting on a river, thinking of him. As has been said.

A True Gent. Condolences to his family and may his spirit live on in his fishing son.

How very sad, another one of the forums stalwarts lost. If there is an 'other side' I hope there's a high double moving in over your bait John.

I never met him in person but we had a few chats via PM about fishing the Loddon at Sandford and coated braids. Seemed like a very genuine guy and felt like I'd known him for years.

RIP John

I'm gutted. I met John for the first time only a few weeks back when I took a Fox Barbel Rod to his house. Really nice and generous man. RIP John and I hope you managed to Christian the rod.

John and I were exchanging PMs only a few weeks ago to hear this news is very sad, RIP John, my condolences to his family.

Such sad news. Charming guy who I bumped into on the Colne many years ago. RIP.

Back