• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith Speer

RIP Keith a real loss to the angling world and such a gentleman always helpful always thought provoking showing us one trick pony's another side to our sport very dedicated to the cause.

Have just had a call from my son telling me this sad news. I'm shocked and although I only met him the once feel a sense of loss. My condolences to his friends and family.

RIP Keith.

Bill W

Never met the man but his media appearances inspired me to fish for barbel on stick/pin, for that I shall be forever grateful. RIP Keith.

Deeply shocked to hear this news. Keith was a man I have fished with many times and was fantastic company. Chatted to him friday.

A truly great angler and a real friend.

My sympathies go out to his family. I will miss him.

Rest in peace my good pal.

Graham.

As shocked as everyone else. After a recent silly comment on my part, Keith and i had had a laugh about it via p.m,s, and were hopeful of a days fishing together, he promised me a cup of his awful tea, sadly, i,ll never get to try it.
Rest In Peace Keith.

Duncan has summed up perfectly for me, I am still reeling!!

Keith called me Sunday to talk about my recent holiday, he was jolly and upbeat as Lesley is now better following her heart scare last year, he was planning a nice long haul holiday in the sun in the next month or so!! Really, really unreal

Miss you grizzly, rest in peace x

Shocking news.

RIP and my best wishes to all those friends and family who must be absolutely reeling from this terrible news.

Opened the post expecting to read about another great capture on the float......really shocked to hear this..

Really nice man always stopped to chat on the Thames at Windsor

Thanks again for all the help and advice Keith RIP

My condolences go to his family and friends

I've not met the guy but read his articles with admiration. A sad loss

Didn't know Keith personally but he came across as a nice fella and that rarest of anglers, an original thinker. Sad loss, R.I.P.

Back