• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kelham hall

I doubt if anyone will put you on a peg, on a public forum, Michael. Most prefer to find out for themselves - which is part of the allure of angling, for me at least. Although, admittedly, catching is preferable to blanking, much can be learned from each. I don't know Kelham but, much like most of the Trent, fish can be found anywhere and be caught with any good quality bait.

I doubt if anyone will put you on a peg, on a public forum, Michael. Most prefer to find out for themselves - which is part of the allure of angling, for me at least. Although, admittedly, catching is preferable to blanking, much can be learned from each. I don't know Kelham but, much like most of the Trent, fish can be found anywhere and be caught with any good quality bait.

Hi richard. I have never been on a fishing forum before and this is my 1st year barbel fishing,i have a lot to learn. I live on the river grt. Ouse and always tried to put visitors on fish if i could. I suppose just to know if the fishery is worth the trip or rubbish would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi richard. I have never been on a fishing forum before and this is my 1st year barbel fishing,i have a lot to learn. I live on the river grt. Ouse and always tried to put visitors on fish if i could. I suppose just to know if the fishery is worth the trip or rubbish would help.
Hello Michael, if you are going to kelham it is advisable to ring up and book your peg before you go. You can take your car down and park behind your peg for 5 pound extra. Adviseable. Fish will show all through the length. Pellet / ground bait , or boilies. Cast over in low water conditions in to the flow. You can fish 7 to 7 day or 7 to 7 night. Barbel and chub., good luck.

Hello Michael, if you are going to kelham it is advisable to ring up and book your peg before you go. You can take your car down and park behind your peg for 5 pound extra. Adviseable. Fish will show all through the length. Pellet / ground bait , or boilies. Cast over in low water conditions in to the flow. You can fish 7 to 7 day or 7 to 7 night. Barbel and chub., good luck.
Thank you dave very helpful

The club I belong to have the opposite bank but it is not fished much as that bank is very steep. The deeper water is on the far side if fishing Kelham Hall so that is where you want to be. I would definitely advise getting your peg booked as there are only a limited number and if you turn up without a booking it is twice the price. All info on their website https://kelham-hall.com/fishing/ you might also find some useful videos on Youtube. Feeder plus pellet boilie are the standard Trent methods.

Just out of interest as I don't fish that stretch but cross over it at Kelham Bridge

If you want to fish, say, midday to midnight (or beyond), and park at peg it would cost you £10 + £10 + £5 = £25 ??

That's a pretty expensive "day ticket" :eek:

Just out of interest as I don't fish that stretch but cross over it at Kelham Bridge

If you want to fish, say, midday to midnight (or beyond), and park at peg it would cost you £10 + £10 + £5 = £25 ??

That's a pretty expensive "day ticket" :eek:

More than I could pay, I will be fishing upstream from there tomorrow as a guest of a member, guest ticket is a whole lot less than that for better water.

That is why it is worth joining a local club. It is an minimum hour drive for me but worth it for some really good stretches of the Trent.

Personally I would choose club over day ticket every time. There are some very cheap Trent clubs and
there are some quite expensive but it all depends upon how often you fish the river. Club stretches tend to be better managed and you don’t get the loutish behaviours that plagues some DT waters.

Personally I would choose club over day ticket every time. There are some very cheap Trent clubs and
there are some quite expensive but it all depends upon how often you fish the river. Club stretches tend to be better managed and you don’t get the loutish behaviours that plagues some DT waters.
Yes i agree it would be nice to join a club and if i could find one with good water and drive to swims i think i would but i am new to this and dont know the trent or the aera if any body has any suggestions i am all ears. I did check out ashfield but with a 2 year waiting list i would probably be dead by then i am 72

Another day ticket stretch you can park behind your pegs is A1 fisheries, which I think is cheaper than Kelham. It is typical middle Trent, plenty of fish and some big ones too. Bailiff will help as regards going pegs.

Nick C

Back