• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kempsey Angling Association

THere are half a dozen pegs in the first field below the car park, and maybe five in the second field. There's two swims where it's possible to fish with river running at nearly 6m on the Kempsey gauge. I've never fished the 'Ham' pegs further down, mostly overgrown i think.
I've hardly fished it the last two seasons, i fish another bit a mile upstream more often.

Years ago I did a recruitment drive for the club...it was is such a friendly well run club with easy access I had to share. I can confirm John Barker is still involved, or so I have been told, I have sent an email for details and will report back here.
What I do know now is that the club only have 8 pegs, and Graham or JC could offer more advice as I have not renewed for a few years.
There's at least 14 pegs : a car park swim, 7 in the top field (one a double swim so 8 really) and a good 7 in the lower field. The club also has a field 3/4 of a mile downstream, but that's well overgrown/high above NSL.

Last edited:
One of the bonuses of the stretch is a large part of it is on the outside of the bend, so the flow and depth of water is on that side, rather than Pixham's opposite. It' a pity they lost the middle bit, and the bottom end doesn't really get fished.

There's at least 14 pegs : a car park swim, 7 in the top field (one a double swim so 8 really) and a good 7 in the lower field. The club also has a field 3/4 of a mile downstream, but that's well overgrown/high above NSL.
Only 8 pegs now Terry and all in Church field I was informed this morning. Used to have the stretch down to the old launch ferry on the Ham, was and was so overgrown you couldnt see the river, just one peg you could access though which accounted for a 16 lb lump was by the old ferry, I believe it was by the match sec a few seasons back. Trouble was the stretch by the rocks was never controlled and the locals used to fish it free.

Hi Andy
The link takes me to Barbel fishing Accommodation, or am I being a thick old sod? Can't see any mention of Kempsey AA??

That post was from 8 years ago Keith so I'd imagine they didn't renew - I actually can't remember :oops:

That page does list the fisheries/venues who advertise with us...

Cheers, Andy F

Back