• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kennet Otter

Pete Dalton

Whilst having a blank yesterday I saw my first Otter in over 30 years of fishing. Cruising down mid stream before diving all down the inside line, needless to say a blank. Beautiful to see but extremely worrying for the fishing, there was a trout farm down stream, hopefully it will go there!

Whilst having a blank yesterday I saw my first Otter in over 30 years of fishing. Cruising down mid stream before diving all down the inside line, needless to say a blank. Beautiful to see but extremely worrying for the fishing, there was a trout farm down stream, hopefully it will go there!
it will go wherever it needs to.:D

Where was this - there are at least 2 otters on the Kennet at present - I known animal which has been sighted regularly in the last 18months in the Hambridge area - I saw it last season and thrice this. Also a large dog otter in the Aldermaston/Brimpton reaches which I've also seen myself this year.....

C.

A large dog Otter has been spotted several times on the Upper Benyons over the last three weeks.

Micky

Yes Upper Benyons, Had it in my swim rolling around on the surface and then diving last week.I Had caught a couple of Barbel and was doing well till the Otter appeared. Did you bring it with you from the Ouse Mark.

Ray Thorpe

otter-in-booster-seat.jpg

Hi men,

Got to be said though Ray , any otter getting into my car in Luton should not expect to end up exactally where it really wanted to go !. Relocation, relocation , relocation :D, take french lessons my little furry mates .

Hatter

Back