• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Neoteric Rod value

Ricky Middleton

Hi all

looking at selling my Korum Neoteric twin tip rod, 1.75 and 2.2 tc tips

any idea what I should be looking for in value or just stick it on ebay as an auction?

its in very good condition

Rick

Hi Ricky,

I think they go for £50 -£60 on Ebay, but if you look back in the
classified adds on the site, you may find one that has been for sale in the past
which shall give you a better idea.

The original Korum Neoteric Twin Tip has a pretty solid reputation. They are appearing on eBay in diminishing numbers and prices seem to fluctuate quite a lot. I've seen the odd one go for not much more than £30 and weeks later achieve closer to triple that. On average, £60ish seems to be the rough eBay average. Those offered for sale on here tend to have a slightly higher price, but whether they sell at the asking price is another matter. The less desirable later models tend to go for significantly less.

I have a pair, gathering dust, that I can't face selling for £60, though I'd accept that it's probably a respectable price for a mass market rod that could be bought for around £100 (or slightly less) when new. I have far too much gear that I can't face selling. I've just got to face the fact that I'm a born hoarder.;):D:eek:

Sold my old original to a mate for £25 a couple of years ago. The screw down reel fitting had parted company with the clamp so l had to use a bit of 2x1 to knock it off the reel foot.
I threw the timber in for nothing!:rolleyes:
A good original twin tip has got to be worth £40 I reckon,...good rods for the price,...shame about the reel fitting.

I keep an eye on ebay etc.... as I'm always on the lookout for a bargain.

If it's the mk1 expect to get upto £80 assuming in vgc, mk2 less than £50

Back