• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum River Tripod 2017

Anthony Pearson

OK chaps. I had one of these in my hands last night and whilst it looked a massive improvement on the last one, it had something that irritated me. The cuboid connector on the butt cup bar which attaches to the tripod leg attachment, screws into the bar itself and on inspection was not as tight as it could be when the bar was in the correct position i.e. at right angles to the main leg. It gave the impression that a take on the right hand rod could cause this bar to loosen and partially rotate. Has anyone noticed this or was I just unlucky with the one I had?

Would it be possible to superglue the part to the bar to avoid this and if this was done would it affect anything else in the way the tripod functions?

It certainly needs to be an improvement. The original one was one of the worst bits of fishing kit on which I've ever had the misfortune of parting with my hard earned!

I have just seen this thread any USER updates on this new version please ?

I recently bought the new version,Haven't used it yet but have to say it seems a massive improvement on the first one which I thought was a bit flimsy,I always use alarms and it feels a lot more solid.I threadlocked the buzzer bars thread onto the quick release connecter and all seems good.

My Korum River Tripod arrived today big smile
and I am so pleased at how light and well made it is only slight problem the leg locking knobs seem very stiff to turn ? but hopefully they will loosen up a bit in use

I agree with the comments about the buzzbars need Loctite and until now I never knew just how many different versions of Loctite there are !
so just ordered the High strength version Loctite 270 and come the new season I should be good to go

Used mine twice now,can't tell its in the quiver.Wasnt happy with buzz bars not tightening up so there in line.Ive used a rubber spacer and a couple of those threaded spacers ,unsure what tackle they came off lol.Line up nice now and won't move.Overall really happy with it and it's nice and light .The fork at bottom I put a bivvy peg in just in case I get a Big Twitch :eek:

Looks like they are the new must have 'carpy' gear, all over facebook just now with the pics of the splashers and making sure the tri-pod is in the shot :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with a bankstick? Less fiddly, lighter, and you tend to look less like a carper :p

Banksticks for me, I've been through the tripod phase & don't see any advantages.

Looks like they are the new must have 'carpy' gear, all over facebook just now with the pics of the splashers and making sure the tri-pod is in the shot :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with a bankstick? Less fiddly, lighter, and you tend to look less like a carper :p
No alarms on mine,so not carpy.Been fishing off gravel,so it's perfect.Will use banksticks as and when I need them.Wont be getting any shots in either,each to there own

I used mine for 4 days on 2 different pegs
but first on advice from here I used lock tight to fix the buzzbars into the quick release
I also put a bungy over the bottom back leg with a couple of pegs
Verdict
Rock solid super light weight sets up in no time for me personally its a lot easier
and faster than banksticks

I prefer bank sticks but on hard gravel or on concrete it's spot on and very light, quick and easy to set up and stable. I'd recommend the new korum without hesitation

I got one of those three threaded heads things that you can screw three banksticks in and hey presto a tri pod...sorry 'pod'. Only use it on the concrete croys that is the Wye though.

Back