• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Landrover Defender/L200 Warrior

Neil you have been in my X Trail and you know how comfortable it is :D
The road tax is steep but the mpg is good . Mines a diesel and the mpg is better than my old VW 1.6 Golf

I have indeed Joe, very nice too, what I like best is the spare wheel well that spilt maggots end up:) :eek:

Ha! yes it's been my main wheels a Combo for the last few years, the last one blew up last August in a field nr Stratford On Avon, luckily Joe Fletcher was there fishing (not in the field but the river!!) but sometimes I think he may as well :D.... and gave me a lift home, I got £100 for the thing from the local scrapper :(

Aahh, what were you doing when that happened, trying to make a very special boilie mix in the back?:D Pleased you were unhurt though:)

Stephen

Neil you have been in my X Trail and you know how comfortable it is :D
The road tax is steep but the mpg is good . Mines a diesel and the mpg is better than my old VW 1.6 Golf

Do not wish to be smug but my 2a is an Historic Vehicle and does not attract Road Tax.

Also totally English, although in this day and age I probably should not raise that flag.

As ever,

Hugo

I have indeed Joe, very nice too, what I like best is the spare wheel well that spilt maggots end up:) :eek:

Remember travelling down the motorway to the Severn in my cab, ( approx 4.00 am ) my mate fell asleep in the back, and managed to kick over a bucket with 2 gallon of bronze in it :mad:. Had to supply my passengers with " FREE " rolled up newspapers for weeks. Not nice. :eek:

How long ago was that ? The funny thing is Neil we did not find all them :(:(
The last couple of weeks I have had fly's buzzing around in my car :(

Sorry about that mate, :eek: no matter what you do there will always be a few that escape, well at least I 'broke' your nice new 'fishin wagon in:)

Last edited:
Remember travelling down the motorway to the Severn in my cab, ( approx 4.00 am ) my mate fell asleep in the back, and managed to kick over a bucket with 2 gallon of bronze in it :mad:. Had to supply my passengers with " FREE " rolled up newspapers for weeks. Not nice. :eek:

:p

Aahh, what were you doing when that happened, trying to make a very special boilie mix in the back?:D Pleased you were unhurt though:)

Stephen

I just unlocked the gate to the fishery, and was getting back into the van, my new size 12 boots had a mind of there own, my foot somehow hit the accelerator and I 'red lined' the engine, steam everywhere from a blown head gasket.

The van was 15 years old, I had her for about 5 years and bought her for just £900 with just 19k on the clock (ex Police SOCO).

I do miss her...:(

Back