• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lightweight Chair - FAQ?

I have been trying to tell you for years Neil :D:D:D:D

By the way, for all those confused by big letters, RRP means 'recommended retail price'. According to several of the sites selling at less, the Trakker RRP IS £59.99.....

Cheers, Dave
:p
I know Dave, but not I guess the hike in price was down to the fact the video blurb was flogging it as a Carpy Bivvy occasional / guest chair thingy, and to level it up you had to support it in the bed chair 'divan', us river urchins didn't get a mention :(

Ancient chair but still use it if I want to travel ultra light witjhout resorting to a camping tripod type chair - The Phillips 'Artists' Chair weighs in at 1.3kg or in old money 2lbs 12oz. This one is around 25 years old and still going strong. More than I can say for lots of 'modern' fishing chairs. However, wouldn't like to do long sessions with it.

phillipschair.jpg

I have a Chub - very comfortable but just bought a Korum which is noticeably lighter and easier to lug around -- you do need your own personal padding though as the elastic isn't that comfortable :D

Try the original Fox adjusta chair , they still pop up on E bay . Reasonably light , very well made . I have had one for many years and it is still going strong . You may also consider the JRC X Low. Both weigh approx 7lb 8ozs [ just weighed them , including mud from yesterday evenings excursion ] :D

Try the original Fox adjusta chair , they still pop up on E bay . Reasonably light , very well made . I have had one for many years and it is still going strong . You may also consider the JRC X Low. Both weigh approx 7lb 8ozs [ just weighed them , including mud from yesterday evenings excursion ] :D

Yes they are light, but the problem I left mine on the banks of the Severn a couple of Summers ago.

Last evening I was walking the local W. Avon and low and behold there was my chair, the only problem the was a Hungarian sitting on it:eek: I did say to him I was at least pleased someone had put it to good use, and just then he hooked into a small Zander, I unhooked the 'Z' for him and said my goodbye's, you would think the River God's would have taken pity on me, but they didn't I drew a blank on the Severn :mad:

Any user reports on the korum x tra lite? My lightweight chairs still going strong but fancy a change.

How would you know it was yours after 2 years? Does it only have 3 legs or had you painted it? :D

After sitting on it many times it sort of takes up a certain pose, besides the guy admitted he found it, as I say no hard feelings, well there wasn't with him as it was a comfy old chair. :)

But you said that the fox adjusta was too heavy for you originally? ?

The older won was /is lighter than the current one, does that help:rolleyes:

Actually been using the newer one of late, I find that using both shoulders with the bag over one and the chair over the other, and carrying the quiver . net and bait bucket I can just about do it, but the steep hill back to the car park is a bind.

Their OK comfy chairs Mike, I have one but they weigh in at nearly 10lbs, which I find a bit heavy, plus they are cumbersome to carry, the carrying strap seems to make it worse.:rolleyes:

Not good for roving IMO.

Err so you have had an original and a new one but berate them? I'm confused.

No im smarticus!

Back