• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Morning or afternoon?

Late afternoon until the depths of the night where night fishing is allowed. I know many don't like it but I love night fishing more than anything. A hot summer night with no moon, stars that look as big as light bulbs and a glowing beta light. The sounds of fish rolling and the anticipation, for me at any rate, beats daylight fishing hands down.

Nice to hear from you eave.i always read what you have to say.i am not good a the moment.had two bad falls and cannot walk very well.on a wheeled trolley at the mo.by hook or by crook I am going on the river in August if they have to carry me.
Albert

So sorry to hear your problems are still with you Albert. Are any of your family or friends able to help you in your aims to wet a line mate?

Cheers, Dave.

My wife Barbara is a Trojan.always fishes with me and is very adroit with the net.she is also a good spotter.after all she spotted me 61 years ago:)
Albert

My wife Barbara is a Trojan.always fishes with me and is very adroit with the net.she is also a good spotter.after all she spotted me 61 years ago:)
Albert

Albert....reading that, I think the pair of you got it spot on 61 years ago. Get that gear tuned up and ready for August mate, with this strange weather delaying the barbels nuptials, they will be queuing up waiting for you to feed them by then :)

Cheers, Dave.

Greetings oh wise one.you are right I need pushing at the moment
Albert:)

Seeee? Your feeling better already Albert :D

Quite seriously though, it did strike me that if you are still in your chair come August, and there are any special level ground 'handicapped' style swims near the car park on your waters, Barbara may be able to get you along to one of those. It also crossed my mind (however silly this may seem) that many of the manufacturers of those fishing chairs that have all the gadgets attached to them, do a 'fits all' conversion kit. I wouldn't mind betting you could get a feeder arm/rod rest arm to fit your GT mobile and pop your rod on that mate. Maybe a thought to get your line wet? Take it easy Albert.

Cheers, Dave.

Back