• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New License due soon please check dates, the 31st march might not apply

Mark Swaby

Last year the EA changed their license policy and it might be possible some might get caught out. Normally the license ran from the 31st march for one year but from last year the license ran from the day it was bought . My license runs out on 2nd april,a friends on the 5th april, i wonder if some who bought early might already have run out

I got a nice email from the environment agency telling me when my licence ran out, with a link to buying a new one. I thought that was progress.

It does sound like progress Jon, hopefully the days of yearly license buying anglers forgetting and getting caught/targeted in early April are over. Does anybody have an old license that runs out in March ?.

Like Jon I received an email and used the online system to renew my licence. As I turn 65 on 8th April I was able to choose that as my start date and thus save £15. It just means that I can’t fish in the first week of April but that’s no great hardship.

I've been doing mine by direct debit for years, current one expires at the end of March, they took this year's payment on March 5th but new one not arrived yet though I know a few others who do the same as me have received theirs.

I got the reminder too. If you renew on line you can state the start date you require. New one arrived in two days.

Remember last year when some waited months to receive their license.It looks like they have listened and acted on all the issues flagged up.

Back