• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New reel on the market

Hi men ,

Iv always looked for a smaller big pit reel , as the reels I use carping are designed for something else , we are being conned really.

Hatter

Well it won't be difficult to improve on the Stratus user reviews I guess.
Looks a bit like a smaller version of the Penn Affinity 7000 which I use for the beach,..good to see Fox trying to downsize the current trendy crop of oversized reels on the market. Maybe Shimano will get the hint and bring back the decent 5000,s.:rolleyes:

i use the shimano ultegra's 5500 xtc mini pits for carping, got them from angling direct for £99.99 less 10% they were doing on everything at the time so £90 each i absolutely love 'em, they hold roughly the same amount of line as shimano 8000 baitrunners but in a compact size, i would use them for barbel as well if i didn't already have barbel reels, had a look at the fox fx11 before i decided on the shimano's but after a disaster with some fox reels a few years ago that literally seized up and suffered with loads of niggles the same as everybody else had i just couldn't bring myself to fork out the cash for them even though they were on offer at the time.. once bitten and all that....

Back