• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New River Dove record

Rob Swindells

A big well done to Teme-severn's consultant Simon Asbury on the capture of a new Dove fish to take the record at 17lb 10 oz also confirmed and weighed by the previous record holder Jim Ufton.
Congratulations Simon for all your hard work, what a great phone call to get!
Pictures to follow.

Nice guys always win!

Massive congratulations from me as well Simon.

Great to see a fellow BS committee man get his just reward.

I was speaking to Simon not more than three hours before he caught the fish and in view of what we spoke about I think I'll buy some lottery tickets this week!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, Simon is out of the top drawer.

Brilliant.

Steve.

A quality fish for a quality angler, brilliant to recieve the call from you mate and big thanks to jim for the confirmation.
It was the lamprey that did the trick lewis.

Last edited:
Hi men,

Top capture mate, fantastic to be told it's in the net , via facebook instantly !.

Power of the iPhone !

Hatter

Well done to Simon on the capture of a superb fish :)

If he wants to be included on the record list that Dave Mason and BFW maintain he should email the catch details, photo and witness contact details to me at:

andyf@barbel.co.uk

Or he can send them straight to Dave...

Really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Regards,

Andy F

Well done to Simon on the capture of a superb fish :)

If he wants to be included on the record list that Dave Mason and BFW maintain he should email the catch details, photo and witness contact details to me at:

andyf@barbel.co.uk

Or he can send them straight to Dave...

Really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Regards,

Andy F

Seeing as it was caught on one of Dave's baits I think he was one of the first to know Andy ;)

Well done Si fantastic result mate all that hard work paid off in the end. Great getting all the texts last night.:D:D T7.....

ian

Back