• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Severn record

Well done Kevin super fish.your knots were well tied.in 1970 I had a Severn barbel of 8/12 and we thought that was ok.how times change.you must be very proud.
Albert

I remember fishing a match on the Severn in the mid-seventies. One of the bank runners said that a lad pegged a mile or so downstream had caught an enormous barbel. Several of us hacked our way along the riverbank and arrived just in time to see it weighed. The needle on the scales span round and revealed the fish to be seven and a half pounds. What a monster! We were well and truly impressed!

Well that was 40 years ago and a barbel of 16lbs 11ozs was something we couldn't even have of dreamed of from the river Severn. Lucky you Kevin, what an achievement!

I think I'd better get my gear in the car - I'd like to catch one of those!

I remember fishing a match on the Severn in the mid-seventies. One of the bank runners said that a lad pegged a mile or so downstream had caught an enormous barbel. Several of us hacked our way along the riverbank and arrived just in time to see it weighed. The needle on the scales span round and revealed the fish to be seven and a half pounds. What a monster! We were well and truly impressed!

Well that was 40 years ago and a barbel of 16lbs 11ozs was something we couldn't even have of dreamed of from the river Severn. Lucky you Kevin, what an achievement!

I think I'd better get my gear in the car - I'd like to catch one of those!

You might have to move permanent, they are as rare as hens teeth.

Nothing to see here, move on :)

Back