• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Night fishing on the lower severn

Connor Smith

Hello everyone
After a good few seasons fishing the middle severn now, I'd like to start fishing the lower stretches.
Due to a busy work life, busy home life and having a young daughter with autism I like to spend all my free time I can with her so its very rare I fish day sessions and I mainly fish night sessions when her and the mrs have gone to bed.
I don't mean bivvying up and sleeping through the night though. I stay awake and fish.
Any recommendations for stretches on the lower that allow night fishing.
There's a few places on baa ticket I'd like to start off on but the no night fishing is a spanner in the works.

I'd say Pixham Ferry , the Barbel Society bit is your best bet if you wanted to get going right away, if they have room. Most of the other stretches are syndicated or have waiting lists. Kempsey AA is another possibility, slightly upstream, but not (in my opinion) as good as other stretches.

Back