• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Paul Garner, Barbel fishing on Hampton Loade.

Thats blown my favourite swim :p:p:p:p:p:p

Cheers for posting the link Steve, nice bit of film there!

Duffers !!!!!! Must have been named after me! I feel honoured!!!! :D:D:D

I'm not sure but I think that's the swim we christened 'Duffers' when we had a Barbel Society junior day down there.
Must be something about that name. I think that was the swim where Mick Duffy had the session of his life at the bfw charity fish-in a couple of years ago. Though it might have been the next swim down, I forget. Though I shan't forget the sight of him walking into the River and Rail afterwards, drenched with sweat, with the biggest beaming smile across his bright red face. Priceless!

Good memory there Andy! I do believe the swim that produced was the next one down.

Thats was a good night in the River & Rail eh! I don`t think I`ve ever had so many `just one more then` beers in my life. Think last orders was around 11 ish and I got back to the bivvy at half two..................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, just in case folks misinterpret that...........we weren`t fishing!!!!!

Yep, a very good night! Every time we finished the last round, the landlord would say there was time to squeeze another one in. hence my memory of the latter stages of the evening is a little, er, sketchy :eek:

Just remembered that you were actually up up early and off to a certain reservoir after the mythical carp:cool: The rest of us sat around half the morning trying to sober up enough to drive home listening while Neil told us all his barbel secrets and favourite swims :D

That's the swim I dropped my fishing bag in, ruining camera etc. before moving down to share McDuff's swim.
Yeah, that was a classic evening in the bar :D

image4_zps8c86a0c7.jpg

Indeed Dean - classic BFW fish-in - well done mate :)
Wish someone would organise another one - I've been to quite a few over the years and thoroughly enjoyed all of them.
Sorry to hijack the thread - nice video :)

thanks for that steve, i enjoyed it, it makes a nice change to see somewhere on our doorstep(ish) on the tele.
as for the fish-in can you remember my mate phil (the horses) haveing one too many whiskies, i would love to go another one.

thanks for that steve, i enjoyed it, it makes a nice change to see somewhere on our doorstep(ish) on the tele.
as for the fish-in can you remember my mate phil (the horses) haveing one too many whiskies, i would love to go another one.

3 to many Neil :D

Back