• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Mark, I definitely feel confident with a live bait swimming around, but, I've also had success using casters, an inert bait, and have heard about - but not caught myself - dead baits and prawns being very effective.

Will, interested to know what made you choose braid? Spider wire is braid I gather?

Last edited:
Ive had loads of perch on dead baits while eel fishing . Last thing and first thing in the morning they can be a nightmare on some places. Darren I been having a few on king prawns on a new water I'm perch fishing as the brown trout can be a pain taking my worms. I been using roll overs for bite indication seem to be working well.

Darren we use a a short trace 6 inches tops with a small live bait hooked in the tail with a small cork ball tied to the hook like a hair rig bollie for eels and the perch just loved it .Just room for thought bud

IMG_1890-1-1.jpg

2lb 13.5oz -Yorkshire river, rising, before the floods last week.

Well done Graham, cracking fish and "so close." :)

Managed a scraper 3 from the thames on sunday night, not a good pic though so wont put it up.

Nice that the river levels are dropping a little.

Paul

The meltwater off the Pennines put a bit of 'fresh' into the Yorkshire rivers today. I managed to eke out this beauty, weighing 3lb 4oz

Back