• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Evening all,

Thought I'd share my new PB Stripey....taken on a dropshot last month:D

Massive new PB at 4lb 8oz:cool::cool:

CHUFFED OR WHAT??

Paul

That's a perfect Perch Paul, well done, fantastic catch

Well done Paul! It is a great way to fish, it feels like you are really angling for them.
Just a teeny bit envious.

Bob

1st attempt

001.jpg

002.jpg
don't know if this has worked but it is supposed to be the result of a 1st session trying to bag a 2lb Perch, on the dot 2lb!!! happy days, 1st attempt!
been back since for 1 6oz Perch and about 2million little pulls, how do you avoid little Perch pulling at worms when fishing for the bigger fish? is there a way or do you just have to live with it?
anyway 6 weeks left i want a bigger one!!!

Nice one Leon....it's good when you hit a target early:):):)

As for the "bait robbers" I've found that when worming you just have to fish through them and wait until the better fish come in, once they do the smaller ones often move off as they come into the food chain themselves;)

Paul

To be honest, I'm glad to catch a few bait robbers whatever the method because I know the better stripes wont be too far away....keep at it and maybe the old loner biggie that is just off in the gloom will fancy a nibble ;)

On the worm I constantly feed chopped worm, maggot and groundbait all day, a small ball/handfull every 10 minutes or so is the norm whether I'm getting bites or not.

Paul

As some on here know, my daughter Jessica is a self taught artist trying to make a go of it....she has recently created me a pencil portrait of my recent PB

If anyone out there fancies a unique piece of artwork portraying their PB or a special fish, drop me a PM and we'll sort something out;)

Paul

She's definitely got the stubby fingers in proportion. I too have seen Jessicas work and fantastic doesn't come close to describing it. As soon as I have a river twenty I shall be in touch.

new pb

well that is four sessions now and two pbs, this is my latest, 2oz up on my previous 2lb 2oz.jpg
2lb 2oz, lovely,
Leon

Last edited:
Back