• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Hampshire Avon at Ibsley yesterday, 3lb 6oz, new PB for me :D

Attachments

• 2013-12-08 14.27.29.jpg
    2013-12-08 14.27.29.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 251
Stillwater Bob.

One that has done them to almost 5lbs already, and when I hooked something under the rod top on dark that picked up my floatfished worm, I was convinced it was a big un... sadly it turned out to be a Carp of about 8lbs..... :(

Steve

Perching Pleasures

I had a nice session last Sunday drop shot fishing. I landed a zander, pike and several nice perch. The biggest perch went 2.00, 2.04, topped by this 3.01, taken at 'last knockings'. This was my 4th 3lber taken this winter backed up with 2 of 2.15, so it has been good so far.

May I wish you all a great New Year.
Bob

Attachments

• 3.01 Close up 22.12,13.jpg
    3.01 Close up 22.12,13.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 300
Another nice Perch Bob... Those fingers do look cold too lol
Happy New Year to you as well

Spiiner / lures - coloured water

The Yorkshire rivers are in a bad state at the moment, so looking for some alternatives I`ve got an old canal nearby. This sees very little traffic at this time of year, maybe 5` deep, most weed growth has died off. It does get coloured up though, mostly run off I think. Is it worth spinning in these conditions - maybe with a Mepps or ABU droppen type of lure that makes plenty of vibration?
Haven`t fished like that for about 30 years but would welcome any advice or ideas. It`s difficult to describe how coloured the water is but it`s not nearly as bad as the cocoa in the Swale!

Julian,

Have you looked at drop shotting? - a really enjoyable and addictive method and if i can catch doing it anybody can !! My local canal has been very coloured so i have been using very brightly coloured soft plastic shads/minnows and catching. Lots of info for beginners like me online as to how to do it

Hi Guys,
I'm contemplating having a go at float fishing for perch. Would I be ok with a 13ft match style rod or would I need something a bit stronger. Don't want to spend too much (around £50ish). Any suggestions. Cheers

Back