• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

person posting under my name.

Derek, which Paul are you talking about! I worked for the NHS for 36 years and had access to the patients notes electronic data base. We had to change our password every six weeks. Think this is a bit of an overkill for this site. Bored with this now.

Sorry Paul :eek: i didn,t mean you, i was just trying to have a joke with Paul W the moderator, sorry if i offended.

A solution would be for new members to have to change their password at first log on. The original passwords issued when joining obviously follow a pattern so if you are a forum member its child's play to guess any other members password, if they have not taken the trouble to change it.

It a good idea, and I always include the line

"..... you can change this yourself in your ‘User CP’ if you want to, I’d recommend it once you're up and running"

in any email I send for new users, or for those who've requested a password change (when they'd forgotten theirs)

no no no no neil, i dont use coppers no more, a quick phone call and a handful of 50 pound notes is so much more quicker and effective:D:D:D:D
my lad has just got his teaching certificate in phillipino fighting and the club needs some extra funding :eek::D:D
now that crowd are a lot of ruffuns:D:D

Hi men,

I alway include numbers , even with an stab at an obvious easy ( lazy) password the numbers can be so random !.

John , May bump into you on a free bit , when you show us ;)

Hatter

mark, i will send you my phone number and maybe get yours,its on its way mate give me a quick call and i,ll explain. john

Back