• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Planning for the glorious 16th

On the Wye for opening week,as usual and hoping they finish spawning before 16th,dog by my side and test match cricket on the radio followed by a few pints of Stowford Press in the evenings,lovely!!

Havent even decided which clubs yet apart from a stretch of the Hampshire Avon. thinking about tackling the Thames this season just find it a bit daunting

Sat at work and am trying to decide which part of the Bristol avon might just might throw up a fish or two. Think i might try the less fished areas in the hope the long walk might put off all but the hardy few.

I'm not sure where to go let's face it the 16th can be disappointing

Fish wise it can be Clive but i can't wait to get on the bank come the glorious...

Sat at work and am trying to decide which part of the Bristol avon might just might throw up a fish or two. Think i might try the less fished areas in the hope the long walk might put off all but the hardy few.

I thought most of it was relatively unfished now Andrew :D

Cheers, Dave.

The otters fish it every day Dave what you on about!

I'll be out on the same river as Tom,just a bit further down stream but with a selection of Greggs goodies for sustenance,can't wait.

The otters fish it every day Dave what you on about!

I wonder if we could find an 'otter whisperer' to teach the wretched things to practice a catch and release policy Clive....or at least instill in them a total obsession for eating the 'American Tourist' brand of crayfish :D

Cheers, Dave.

nobody on cheese and onion or in fact owt we onion eg, beef, ham ,potted meat, haslet, pork ,cheese and ham owt we onion on except fish and definatly not cheese and beetroot and SALT. f**kin SALT, never heard owt like it

flask full of boiling water, 3 king size curry pot noodles, large sachet of extra hot curry powder to mix in, bog roll in the freezer overnight, what more could one want. :D any fish is a bonus. :)

P.S. if anyone is fishing around Ironbridge on the Severn, the local chippy only has 1 of each pie readily available, i.e. 1 snake and pygmy, 1 chick and fungi, 1 meat an tatty. So stick your name on the one you want, you can thank me later. :D

Back