• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Powapacs - Avoid !

Simon Rolph

Senior Member & Supporter
just a quick warning for anyone looking to buy a large capacity power pack for use on the bank. Avoid Powapacs - Absolute Crap customer service and warranty support

I bought one of their Atom Pro packs middle of last year. , when I charged it for the first time before use in November , the pack wouldn’t fully charge or retain charge more than 50% , not good - and as the unit was over 30 days since purchase from an online retailer i had to deal with Powapacs directly as a warranty repair. - They asked me to wait on returning the unit as they had no spares , I had to wait until last week to send the unit back , which I did tracked fortunately. That is where it has sat ever since - Royal Mail have tried to deliver to their address or arrange delivery 3 times and powapacs have not been there to receive , and they are now not answering any of my calls or emails. Absolutely shocking when you look at the cost of their Atom Pro’s. Buy at your peril !

I can say exactly the same about the Ridge Monkey Vault. Useless after 6 months, barely holding 10-20% of the charge. Avoid buying.

I use a purpose made iphone power pack. It looks like a phone cover, and your phone slides/slots into it. It will charge my phone from flat to full 4 times. Had it a few years, and still works well.

If you want the best use a cordless drill battery and an adapter.
I use one of my Milwaukee 4/5ah batteries and I’ll easily get 5 full phone charges out of 1 battery. Done it for years the batteries are bomb proof.
Best thing is they charge to full capacity in 25 mins
I was waiting for something like this from Rich 🤣🤣

I can say exactly the same about the Ridge Monkey Vault. Useless after 6 months, barely holding 10-20% of the charge. Avoid buying.
That sounds faulty Joe.

I've got the Vault 26950mAh, had it about 2 years and it seems brand new, many drops and lasts me 3 or 4 full days. I do have an iPhone mini only tho.

I was waiting for something like this from Rich 🤣🤣
It’s not something I’ve made work Anthony it’s a real product designed to be a power bank.
D7232365-5AA4-4DE6-A0A5-ACC5D95CB54B.jpeg

The smaller 20-30000mah Ankers are all you need; £20 and they last more than is required for a 24hr session (and that's with all the crap we plug in whilst carp fishing) I have 3x and just take the amount required for the total time of each sesh . . .would never buy a monster size Powapac / Fox Halo / Spankmonkey . . . oversized overrated and silly money

The smaller 20-30000mah Ankers are all you need; £20 and they last more than is required for a 24hr session (and that's with all the crap we plug in whilst carp fishing) I have 3x and just take the amount required for the total time of each sesh . . .would never buy a monster size Powapac / Fox Halo / Spankmonkey . . . oversized overrated and silly money
Prefer one unit..One full charge and job done that will last me a good few days..
Can't be asked to charge multiple pacs up.

Avoid the ones with carp tax and get the Anker models I have 20000mah and a 10000mah these have been super reliable week in and out for 3 years.

If you want the best use a cordless drill battery and an adapter.
I use one of my Milwaukee 4/5ah batteries and I’ll easily get 5 full phone charges out of 1 battery. Done it for years the batteries are bomb proof.
Best thing is they charge to full capacity in 25 mins
I didn’t realise that Richard ! I have 5, 4 & ah batteries I use for ky Milwaukee tools, two of the 4ah’s are 8 years old used and charged every day, and still going strong, but I never realised I could use an adaptor to charge my phone, I have got a few power packs that I charge from when fishing, but I’ll certainly remember the tip 👍

I didn’t realise that Richard ! I have 5, 4 & ah batteries I use for ky Milwaukee tools, two of the 4ah’s are 8 years old used and charged every day, and still going strong, but I never realised I could use an adaptor to charge my phone, I have got a few power packs that I charge from when fishing, but I’ll certainly remember the tip 👍
It’s great Ian and the usual power banks can’t get near em because of the speed they charge at themselves.
On the 5 ah battery it’s around 1 full iphone and a bit charge per fuel lamp on the battery so 4-5 charges before the battery needs charging which as you’ll know, takes 25mins
59E9B9FB-E668-43CB-AC36-92A8D6699CDD.jpeg

Back