• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

recommendations for a good set of waterproofs?

The Sundridge Igloo 3 suits used to be the one to go for. Are the newer models not as good?? I`ve been considering a new one for this winter (mk7) but can`t see much in the way of recommendations for them

i looked at the drennan supergrade stuff a couple of years ago , id read the write ups regarding the high level of waterproofness and breathability

went to a tackle shop and was put off by the material being very stiff and noisey

by accident i found a pair of greys gtx over trousers , they may not have the same levels of hydrostatic head as the drennan , im not sure , but they are quite to move around in

ive combined that with a new army goretex jacket , and havent got wet yet , although ive got say they havent been severly tested so far , hopefully thsi winter .........

Back