• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reel Repairs

Neil Kirk

I have a couple of fixed spool reels which need repairs which are beyond my ability.

One is a Penn Slammer Liveliner 460 and the other is a rare Shimano Twin Power - I don't want to bin either of them but I don't know anywhere to get them fixed and haven't found anywhere in my trawl of the internet.

Can anyone help?

Neil

I have a couple of fixed spool reels which need repairs which are beyond my ability.

One is a Penn Slammer Liveliner 460 and the other is a rare Shimano Twin Power - I don't want to bin either of them but I don't know anywhere to get them fixed and haven't found anywhere in my trawl of the internet.

Can anyone help?

Neil
Neil,
This chap is based in Wiltshire.
Or The Tackle Box at Dartford service reels I am told
Regards
Bill

Nick what’s the actual faults on the reels and how far have you investigated into what’s causing them.
The Penn Lliveliner freespool mechanism isn't working on the Penn reel. I had a look inside and am pretty sure there is at least 1 part (maybe 2) missing - possibly removed by previous owner who said he had inactivated it.

The Shimano I can't even get into because one of the screw heads is buggered - when I turn the handle the bail arm rotates but the spool doesnt move back and forth as it should to facilitate even line lay - the anti reverse is also not working.

Can anyone help?

Neil
I have a Penn livelier 460l which I lost the handle from but works as it should and to get a new handle is about £40 + and people can't get Penn spares so wouldn't hold out much hope for the penn

C994DF38-1731-4960-9A9C-9605B57D5E03.jpeg

Back