• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Something to sit on when roving

German cushion

What is it stuffed/made of though Steve, WHY is it so good, WHY does it last for years? Is it a foam, blow up, combination...what? I am intrigued :D

Cheers, Dave.

Its called kubit cushion I think or somthing like that its made up of square kubes of foam held In place by a nylon sort of skeleton affair.
You remove kubes from the area where you are suffering discomfort thus reducing pressure accordingly.
Simple but very affective:D

Its called kubit cushion I think or somthing like that its made up of square kubes of foam held In place by a nylon sort of skeleton affair.
You remove kubes from the area where you are suffering discomfort thus reducing pressure accordingly.
Simple but very affective:D

Ah...gotcha. I have a bad back and eventually ended up with a hospital mattress designed to prevent bedsores in long stay patients. It too has cubes of medium density foam on the surface you lay on, formed by cutting in a graph pattern half way through a thick piece of foam, with the uncut base remaining and supporting the cubes thus formed. It too works well, so I understand the principal. Having the cubes removable to suit is a work of genius though. Thanks for that.

Cheers, Dave.

I have got a Pakaseat that I bought in the 70's. Seat is a bit narrow and a pain on sloping ground. OK for short sessions though.

These are just the ticket, comfort guaranteed.

1487258-outdoor_bean_bag_chair_pink.jpg

Light as a feather, not that comfortable but somewhere to park yer butt for short periods. From the 80/90's the Phillips Artists Chair.

phillipschair.jpg

I also found my Efgeeco square box from a similar time.

Alternatively for short sessions use a tripod camping chair.

Light as a feather, not that comfortable but somewhere to park yer butt for short periods. From the 80/90's the Phillips Artists Chair.

phillipschair.jpg

I also found my Efgeeco square box from a similar time.

Alternatively for short sessions use a tripod camping chair.

Blimey Bob I know we have trod in each others footprints in the past, but I had that chair passed down from my parents, back in the 80's and very good it was too, sadly it is no more.

However the Shaky seat is a damn good substitute.

Still got mine Neil and actually in great condition. Used it for a session last year.
Cheers
Bob

I use a bait bucket, a largish one which i put my bits and pieces in, pop a blow up cushion on and comfy enough for me.

blimey bob that used to be a real posh chair, funny aint it younguns under 16 dont even need a chair or stool, scrap of polythene on the deck and thats that lol,
Ray how yer gonna cuddle up to dolly perched on a bucket mate:)

Back