• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sonubaits

Brian Timson

Having purchased 2 tubs of sonubaits hemp/sausage hemp/halibut pastes I am disappointed to find a lot of separation of oils from the paste. I have had to remove the lot from the tubs re knead it all losing about a 1/4 of each tub in the process due to crumbling off.

I have in the past tried their oily pellets and they were the same loads of oil but the pellets were rubbish and floated. Anyone else had issues with the paste? I am a fan of their groundbaits though.

Brian

Been using the paste for some time and while it is very oily i havent had the separation thing happen, could this be caused by standing too long do you think? also find it easy to mold onto hookbaits, i like it's sticky consistancy

Haven,t tried the paste, but tried the sonupellets, very oily, but the oil seems to wash out very quickly, leaving you with what was a very dark pellet, almost white. Gone back to the Dynamite halibut pre drilled. But why can,t they drill ALL of them instead of just a third ? Much better pellet, IMHO.

Last edited:
Don't think so Rob, they may be the same shape but I think it comes down to the difference in the ingredients. As many people have stated on this forum in the past there are only a few companies manufacturing pellets in the UK but I suppose each end buyer has their own recipe. I'm sure Andy Frances used to produce a BFW pellet which had it's own unique formula though will not put them back into production despite repeated appeals from forum members ( not having a pop at you btw Andy).

Thanks Stuart, I've been using the Hinders ones and a mate got some of the Sonubaits ones, I couldn't see any difference visually but as you say it may be an ingredient thing, I wasn't going to do the blindfold taste test ;)

Had exactly the same problem! I use either dynamites paste now or make my own.

Back