• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam spam and more spam

Andy, as in Graham's case. Persistence and dedication. If your not out there, you.ll never catch. ;):)

True Derek, but I get a dreadful guilt complex about putting them into those awful keep nets they supply and taking them down to the till to weigh 'em in. Can't be good for them....can it be that that's why they all look so tin?

Sincere apologies for that :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

A new B&M opened very close to me and on the first time outing to the new venue it seemed rude not to clear the shelf of garlic at 69p.But you do get weird looks when you go to the till with a trolley full of spam and discounted bottled cider,maybe they think i am foreign.

A new B&M opened very close to me and on the first time outing to the new venue it seemed rude not to clear the shelf of garlic at 69p.But you do get weird looks when you go to the till with a trolley full of spam and discounted bottled cider,maybe they think i am foreign.

Got fed up with someone just cleaning up before me, and was left was the cardboard tray, so needs must I had to by the Polish sausage from my local Deli, which I reckon is better than the Spam Garlic, which was always better as the Stinky French.

The blond behind the counter is also a nice bonus...so get on the Polish, and give me at least a chance.:rolleyes:

found a big shoal of them by me today so bagged up

Gavin, York area seems devoid of this species,, only the standard ones, and not in large shoals. I need to look further afield, Leeds or Hull perhaps.
Anyone have any knowledge of good swims in these towns?

Mike, the best pegs in Leeds have been hammered recently. Rumour has it that a catch report and photo attracted more attention than expected. Maybe you'll have to head off down the spice trail to the east....i.e. Hull. ;)

Thanks Anthony, that saves me a long trek. I will head off down the spice trail next week and hope the swims are clear enough to spot some.
Mike

Thanks for the offer Derek but no need on my behalf. I've got plenty in to last me a few seasons, was just going to top up for a mate who couldn't find any. I've told him that he can have a tray of mine bought earlier in the year.

Why is it that all the stock goes North? Do they perceive the northern diet is really that bad? I mean have you ever seen a non angling type actually at the check out with Spam Garlic in his / her basket. ?
By 'non angling' types I mean civilians, and others not dressed in para military gear for some reason :rolleyes:

Neil , Garlic is universally known as being extremely good for you. Garlic Spam is a super food , get wise and get buying . Many species of fish have known this for years and snaffle it up voraciously :D

And our Yorkshire rivers are still stuffed with barbel so the market research people have clearly done their jobs properly...:p

Neil , Garlic is universally known as being extremely good for you. Garlic Spam is a super food , get wise and get buying . Many species of fish have known this for years and snaffle it up voraciously :D

But I can't, looks like you 'kin Northener's have got the franchise.

Have I said just how good the Polish stuff is:mad:

Back