• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stacklands BAA River Wye

That's going to cause some confusion with the anglers that travel and unaware of the new rules.On the flip side it should help the fishery.

Pity there's no online option, with regards booking permits and seeing what days
Permits are still available
Looking at the state of the BAA website, it would be a minor miracle if they had a 'on line' option. Just seen DT's will be be discontinued too, not good PR from BAA. :(

I hate planning trips in advance, river conditions can change so quickly, shame they felt the need to do this.

I just wish they had a single payment option for a night fishing permit additional to membership.

Making contact to buy every time in advance to night fish is pretty archaic.

Blame John Williams.....that bloke still lives back in the 80's, when matches all along the mid severn every weekend were the norm. He refuses to change his mindset into the present. Nothing will change whilst he's there.

I just wish they had a single payment option for a night fishing permit additional to membership.

Making contact to buy every time in advance to night fish is pretty archaic.

Couldn't agree more. With their vast, and ever-growing membership, you think they'd invest in some more progressive ideas.

Couldn't agree more. With their vast, and ever-growing membership, you think they'd invest in some more progressive ideas.

Not sure I want my BAA to be progressive, sure they can do better in some areas, the website needs tweaking, but that's nit picking. By progressive I guess many of us would want night fishing on all venue's, not really sure if that would be the sort of rule that would suit the profile of the club. Fine for smaller clubs and syndicates, but BAA?
BAA have survived, and continue to acquire new waters, and is great value, they are comfy, like a pair of old slippers.:rolleyes:

I don't mind paying extra to fish the venues CURRENTLY allowing night fishing.

Just silly having to book them each night in advance.

I don't mind paying extra to fish the venues CURRENTLY allowing night fishing.

Just silly having to book them each night in advance.

My thoughts too Graham, a lot of things can change between booking and the day you wish to go. John Williams considers BAA to be his personal property and is an inflexible, cantankerous old so and so but I guess he has helped develop a very impressive and value for money club. But as John C says, nothing at all will change regarding night fishing while he is there. Like a great many club secretarys/chairmen whatever, they like the money the big fish anglers bring in but do not really like them or their methods as anglers. It is the nature of angling that club committees etc are dominated by match anglers so their views always hold sway. Sadly :(

With today's technology surely it would not be to hard to book a permit online and print it off for either Stacklands or a night permit ?

It's funny, as the few times I visited the stretch last August there was hardly a soul to be seen.

As for the BAA, my views have been shared before. I tried and failed to get any meaningful debate going. Click here and here

Alex.
I've been there before!!!!!!!! Fortunately things changed.

And as Lee says, looked at it twice and not a single angler...

Hi guys , this permit system has been brought in to save anglers turning up on the day and not having any swims to fish!!, as last year where it was very busy and people were being turned away , so rather going threw that again this system has been brought in for the time being . I know the club isn't perfect but it's changing for the better and its come a long way in the last couple of years , Hopefully it will continue going that way .

Paul. I think its an incredible value for money club with some fantastic waters. I even think the website is ok.
The fact that you can join online is great and my permit arrived in 2 days.

If you have any influence just try change the night fishing procedure to an additional one off charge for those who want to night fish OR an online payment system to book a night and print off as Joe indicated. I'm sure the numbers using a facility like this would increase revenue markedly above set up costs. It wouldn't even need to be water specific.

RDAA have a day ticket online facility this could work as a night ticket.

http://wordpress.rdaa.co.uk/

Cheers

Graham.

Very true Paul & we all know you "can`t please all of the people, all of the time".
When I looked at it last year there were a few cars and it was busy (to me).
I guess this idea is experimental, and changes will be made where anglers can be listed online for the days they will be there, hours in advance, without too much fuss. I am sure BAA will be on the case...As with the night permission ideas Graham mentions which would also help bailiffs.

I am a BAA member I have not fished Stackland yet. Its a good idea to have a permit systems. I may give it a go this year.

It's funny, as the few times I visited the stretch last August there was hardly a soul to be seen.

As for the BAA, my views have been shared before. I tried and failed to get any meaningful debate going. Click here and here
+

Some good points made to John Williams, Lee, and his response is weak and ridiculous. What club has ever concerned itself with "unsupervised anglers out at night in all weathers"!? Really? What a half witted remark. Does he think all BAA members are dependant imbeciles? I have spoken to John Williams personally and my impression of him was that he is a person who takes pleasure in flexing his muscles & having the power to deny people who practise a branch of angling doing something they enjoy. I no longer buy a BAA book but one thing I do know. In all but a few cases the BAA have great difficulty in bailiffing all their waters and night fishing is easy to get away with on many of them. In fact, I have had my ticket checked in late afternoon, gone home at midnight and passed the bailiff still fishing himself. I know many will frown and tut tut at blatant disregard of the clubs rules but in the case of BAA, if you can get away with it then good luck. Maybe if they think enough people are ignoring their night bans they will decide they may as well get paid for it and relax the rules.

Back