• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stove

joe it sure can get a bit hair raisin if it flares up eh:eek:, i,ve kicked mine in the drink loads of times but prefer the kelly in winter for keeping warm;)

John - thankfully mines never played up but I know it can be an issue on some of the earlier/older models.

A mate of mine whilst fishing the Trent was wondering why the Lass on the barge going past was waving so enthusiastically at him. Initially he out it down to his (imaginary) good looks, till he realised his stove, which was on the bank behind him, was doing a good impression of a flame-thrower. He had to use his landing net to push it away from all his gear to stop it from getting torched!

I've been using one of these (or rather the older version) for nearly 8 years without any problems. I don't bother with the Coleman fuel - I just use unleaded with a drop of reddex. Light, robust, quick boil time and cheap to run.

Coleman - Unleaded Featherâ„¢ Stove

The only down side is smell of petrol can stay on your hands after priming, not what you need before baiting-up. I've got round this by putting a disposable latex/vinyl glove on the hand I use to prime the stove, if you buy them in bulk they only cost 3-4/p each.

Be warned though, if someone drops into you swim for a cuppa, they get a bit unnerved when they first see you putting a latex glove on your right hand!

Same as what I use, small and really powerful even in the depths of winter! Got my first about 10 years ago and about 2 year ago it started playing up so bought a new 1 cos old one looked abit worse for wear, found out replacement part was only cheap tho anyway so could still be going strong! I fill mine up at home and even tho its the small feather version still lasts a few trips

Back