• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

T&DFC open day

Shameless bump, this Saturday remember.

If nothing else, its a real opportunity to meet some great guys, and me too :D

Shameless :p

I'll pop down in the afternoon with my daughter. I had to convince her it's too warm for pike, so she'll be armed with the float rod and pin. :D

I'll be there or thereabouts tonight ;) but unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow, so have a good time :)

unfortunately the high pollen count where i am has made it silly for me to try to go out in the countryside because of my chest problems, my poor old wifes got hayfever so bad she,s sneezing, eyes running and migraine, ahh welll maybe make it next year god willing, have a great time guys

I got there way later than I originally intended and then spent half an hour chatting to an old mate I met there. So I saw very little of the fishery or get to ask many questions. That said, my cheque & form will be in the post tomorrow.

The day was a complete success. I lost count of our visitor numbers, the first pair arrived at 07.30 an people were still arriving after 15.00. The three demo groups were well attended and the pole fishing demo went on well after 17.00 Good effort from Sam, Ian and Steve.
We had visitors turning up in taxis, on bikes and from as far afield as Kent and Wiltshire.
The membership secretary is still collating the membership details but many new members joined on the day.
We managed to raise £487 for the Fishing For Forces charity. Thank you all very much, the charity is a one man organisation and relies upon volunteers and donations.
The weather was kind to us and the food was great, we ran out mid-afternoon.
Watch out for next years event.

THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED.

Back