• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tackle box rods, Any good

if its the real tacklebox carp shop in or near dartford they are a terrific firm, any complaints immediately, their rods are superb, not as nice as our Bobs but very well made and finished, feel at ease purchasing from the tacklebox there nothing sinister there:D

Am nowhere near them but have been in their shop a few years ago when fishing the Thames. My lovely son is going to order one for my Chrimbo present.
I Met a chap on the river this morning with the rod am after. He allowed me a couple of casts. Felt very well made with a nice through action. I would say the quality of the blank is astonishing for the money.

Got a pair of the 0.75s, very nice rods for the money as others have said. Imagine the heavier ones are going to be decent enough.

IAIN, my brothersbeen getting his stuff from tacklebox sincevery ealy 70 when he was a baliff on darenth and zen boko was living like a hermit over there for months at a time and everyone used indicator needles so high it had to be beleived, their tackle has always been in good order when sold mate so dont worry, its always worth a look if your up that way they have some really unusual bits and pieces that are hard to find mate.:)

Not wanting to put a dampener on things but...I would say have a look before u buy,i have been in the shop to have a waggle of said rods and didnt like the build personally,they are what they are .cheap rods

really, my old 21/4 tricast ERs took so much hammering and temper filled abuse had to see to beleive but the guy who bought em after at least 12 years of that thought they were terrific:D so did i once i sold em:(

Back