• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Teme day tickets for grayling

Rhys Perry

I think the title speaks for it's self, but I want to take my mate to catch some grayling on the Teme, as he's never caught one. Teme being a good grayling river and pretty central to us both, seems the best place, but day tickets are hard to come by and I'd like to know it's possible to trot for them fairly easily, preferably off the bank. Any ideas please?

There used to be some free fishing in Ludlow below Dinham Bridge down to the weir and also down Steventon Rd Rhys,if you call JMC tackle in Ludlow they may be able to help you 👍

Rhys, I have a house in Ludlow so know the river well up that end. The Wye at Builth would be a much better bet but they are in the Teme, not many day ticket options but if you are a BAA member then lots of river to go at. You can trot from the bank but only when the river is low, banks are very steep and you have to get down to the river level. Eardiston is a beautiful stretch. The free section (bread walk) in Ludlow is not a very picturesque part of the river IMO.

Used to fish “The Bread Walk” and Steventons about 25 years ago,had some nice graying,chub and some very nice roach from there.Back then there were some decent barbel to be had as well………but that was then

Rhys, I wouldn't bother with the Breadwalk, there are a few grayling and still a few barbel too but when you look at the beauty and tranquility of the Teme in general I'd go elsewhere personally.

Back