• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Barbel Society Barbel Challenge Part 2

Jez, I sometimes slouch around the house in a pair of boxers...but leaving the house in them is a step too far for me mate :D

Cheers, Dave.

We can let it all hang loose on the colne this year then mate :)

I'll call you thurs upto my neck in it at work at the min

Jez

Www.justgiving.com/jerry-gleeson1

After months of planning, sending umpteen emails and making 100s of repetitive post we will be setting off for our 1st river in a few hrs.

ABF The Soldiers' Charity

The army benevolent fund is a fantastic charity that helps our service men and women past and present, if you can please get behind us and help us raise a fantastic amount of money, any donation no matter how small will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/355589131165656/

jez

Hellfire Jez, posted at 03.20 :eek:....you are getting worse than me! Was that a late night, or an early morning :D

Up early lol went to bed at 12 and woke up with a stinking migraine, so had a last early morning advertising splurge :D
plenty of time to sleep in the next 2 weeks

jez

Im bailiff for the long eaton vic stretch you fished last year, a lot has changed regarding where fish are being caught, so I suggest you spread out in several spots. PM me and we'll sort tickets and areas etc

Failed the challenge on the dove paul had 3 barbel to 12lb 2oz, mark had 1 barbel 9lb6 I lost 2 so I blanked and phil had some chub, currently on the derwent.

Jez

Well with just over an hr left on the derwent before we head off to the trent i am now totally fishless, infact i couldnt even manage a bite last night :( big well done to Phil who had a nice brace of doubles taking our doubles tally to 3

Another river failed, hopefully things will improve
jrz

Well with just over an hr left on the derwent before we head off to the trent i am now totally fishless, infact i couldnt even manage a bite last night :( big well done to Phil who had a nice brace of doubles taking our doubles tally to 3

Another river failed, hopefully things will improve
jrz

Stay positive Jez, you'll pick up a few

Keep going chaps..................... you will soon be on the head banger river soon boys!

7 barbel taken on the Trent including a brace of doubles all by Phil in horrendous conditions, me and Paul both blanked.
As a team we're doing well only one individual needs to pull his finger out (me) 5 doubles now from 3 rivers
A few disasters have befell me already phone and mobile power pack fell in the Trent, storm shelter has been destroyed with the wind and rain from last could of days, various bits of kit left on Trent, baiting needles, catapult, wychwood buzz bar it's a good job I can laugh :)
Don't forget anybody wanting to donate it's www.justgiving.com/jerry-gleeson1

Jez

As I'm currently blanking and on our 4th river the soar does anyone fancy going a £ for lb on my biggest barbel should I ever catch one that is, the more the better

Jez

Your turn soon Jerry.
I am having one of those spells on our local river :) Makes it worse when you hook and loose after a blanking spell.
Good luck Mr C ;)

Fished the soar yesterday finally got off the mark with the smallest barbel of the challenge, a nuce confidence boost.
phil managed 7 barbel to over 10lb, paul had a 5lber plenty if chub csught by all to over 4lb

currently in the nene ive had 3 to 7lb 9oz, phils had another diubkre taking his personal tally to doubles from 24 rivers.

reports come in that pauls just had a monster, waiting for the call back with weight

jez

Challenge completed on the river nene with doubles going 10lb 14oz and 14lb with myself and guest angler matt taking fish to over 8lb.currently en route to kings weir

jez

Just left the lea only 1 barbel caught weighing 15lb 2oz captured by paul, myself and dave could only manage bream now en route to the colne

jez

Back