• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Twyford and District FC open day

Dave Johnson

For one day only, T&DFC open day
Saturday 28th June, 8am until late. Loddon Drive Twyford.

Once again T&DFC are having an open day, please come along and meet us.

Want to fish 3 seperate rivers from 1 car park?
T&DFC are having an open day on the 28th June. St Patricks stream, the Loddon and The Thames can be fished and walked around for free on one day only.

Keith Speer will be holding a trotting workshop.
Alan Stagg will be holding a barbel workshop.

River guides will be available to walk the banks with you.

Just turn up with your tackle, bait, unhooking mat, EA licence and a smile.
You might want to bring a little cash for a burger.
We will be accepting new members on the day, cash, card or cheque.
No WiFi on the bank, another good reason to join us.

Check us out at
Twyford & District Fishing Club

Nearest post code. RG10 9RY. Look for Loddon Drive and the road signs.
Off the A4 between Charvil and Twyford.
For further details please contact the club via the web site, ask on here or contact
Dave Johnson at davidjoh8@aol.com.
See you on the bank.
Thanks to Andy for allowing this post.

Steve, looking forward to seeing you again and chewing the fat :)!!

P.s Bring Mars bars I will get the teas in !!

Keith, do you want me to reserve a couple of swims on the Thames for you and Dave or will you pick them yourself?

Hi Dave

I have not fished that section of the Thames so your input would be of immense value!

As Dave caught more than me last year please make sure he is in a fishless desert with plenty of trees in the way of casting!:eek:

Hi Keith, the one with the most experience is the old Silver Fox. Ask him nicely through a PM and he might give you the Thames secrets. I used to fish our bit but with a lead and paste.

Less of the Old please!!!!

Just send me a begging email Keith and I will suggest a couple of float flyers......

2 for chubs and one for barbel.:D

Graham

Please indicate on here if you intend to visit us for the open day. We may need to ask for additional parking space from our neighbours. Cheers Dave.

Already stockpiling the choccy in readyness Keith.......:D

Steve, we had a committee meeting last night and the Chairman will NOT be attending the open day so you might need to revise your stock estimate by 50%, we have already been in contact with our food supplier and cut back our burger order by 100 patties and rolls.:D

Steve, we had a committee meeting last night and the Chairman will NOT be attending the open day so you might need to revise your stock estimate by 50%, we have already been in contact with our food supplier and cut back our burger order by 100 patties and rolls.:D

Mr Johnson,

I am sure Mr Speer and your good self will more than amply make of the shortfall!! :p

Good news. As you may have seen on an earlier post the Chairman is not attending the open day, and due to his non-attendance we have decided to give away the burgers etc. YES FREE FOOD at the open day.
Whats not to like FREE ENTRY, FREE FISHING AND FREE FOOD.

P.S we all love you Ian.

As a club Graham we are fortunate to have Crooky leading us, at last years open day he trialled the 'Free food initiative' in preparation for this year. In fact he tested it throughout the day just to cover any peak time rush. I have to commend him for his unfailing selfless attitude in consuming so many burgers for the benefit of T&DFC. :D

As a club Graham we are fortunate to have Crooky leading us, at last years open day he trialled the 'Free food initiative' in preparation for this year. In fact he tested it throughout the day just to cover any peak time rush. I have to commend him for his unfailing selfless attitude in consuming so many burgers for the benefit of T&DFC. :D

This year I'll be in the lakes eating Cumberland sausage, pies and chips with gravy, yum :D

Come along to the open day chaps, it is a great day with great people in beautiful surroundings and everything is free, we can't do better than that. Bring a few friends too ;)

Back