• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Useful Items

I have made myself multitool for bankside problems, basically its a wallpaper scraper,with teeth filed in on one side and the other side is sharpened..

Saved the day on a few occasions,the teeth make quite an handy saw for removing small branches from overgrown swims, the sharp edge,well, can be used for anything really, good for cutting back the scourge of river anglers, Himalayan Balsam , and the flat spade like end is OK for making a small level area when on steep banks, usually for the back of my seat frame, I keep the legs folded underneath and the frame sometimes needs a small ledge to rest on.
Cost about a quid from Wilcos and being stainless doesnt rust.

Dave[/QUOTE

Thats brilliant :) i want one.

Same here!

Hugo

Home made from a piece of steel bar and industrial hacksaw blade - my sympathetic foliage and weed cutter. 30 years old and still functional with the odd sharpen.

weedcutter.jpg

Even better on my landing net handle extension.
Complete with small wisp of weed on blade.

i purchased a folding scythe from b&q a couple of years back, the blade folds up into a tubular metal handle with a real handy rubber grip and hole in the end of it ideal for tying or taping onto an extending l/net pole, sharp a a razor
folds up neatly and also provides for a terrifying deterrent sight to a wrongdoer
has many uses clears a tidy swathe thru nettles ect to the river or lake and can do a real neat job of thinning reeds or lily pads, it would break my heart if i lost it now :)

Back