• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted: Avon Rods 1.25lb

Have a look at the Darent-valley rods from the tackle box look good for the money.

Clive,

I had ordered the 0.75lb's but my fishing buddy had a conversation with the guy who makes them and he suggested using anything over 1oz the rod won't be brilliant for. Depending where I fish the lead and bait combined will be quite a bit over that !

The 1.25's are £80 but I can get drennan's for just over that. May just treat myself but thought I'd ask on here first!

Cheers

Ben,

Have a look at the Wychwood Solace Classic Avons, they are 11ft 1.25lb. I picked one up in a tackle shop the other week and was very impressed with the action and also the build quality. Nice soft tips and plenty of action in the butt section. The struck me as being ideal for perch and certainly not fast-actioned pokers like many other 1.25lb rods (e.g. Grey's).

They look very good value at £45/each.

Wychwood Solace Classic Avon Rod 11ft 1.25lb

Cheers Joe
Having read your post, just popped in a local shop, had a look and play, then ordered a pair.
Really nice rods, perfect for perch and only £45 ea.
Nice one!

Let us know how you get on with them.

They do look very good value for money, and I like the matt finish and double-leg rings, shame about the blingy stainless steel butt cap though...what's wrong with the basic, no-nonsense fuji rubber one's? Still for £45 you can't really complain!

Joe,

My mate had a pair of the solaces delivered today. They are a cracking rod for the price. Nice and soft but with power in reserve by the looks of it.

I treated myself to a pair of drennan series 7's.

Thanks,

Back