• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

***WANTED*** Grey X-Flite Barbel Rod.

Rob Smith

Hi Guys,

I have just had my Greys X-Flite Barbel rod stolen and am now looking to replace it. If you have one or know of one available please contact me at

robertsmith141@hotmail.com

It’s the one with the top 3 quiver tip inserts.

Thanks Guys.

Just out of interest, what was the difference between the X-flite and the Prodigy ??

I use the Prodigy. I can vouch for them if you can't find any X-flites.

thomas turner have one listed. never bought from them as their prices way too expensive for me. Did try and sell them a new custom made fly rod last year. Their offer was around the cost of the blank only.

Alec I've bought from Thomas Turner - last November- a Harrison "Chimera Barbel " rod "mint" from the early 2000's - well packed and delivered promptly.

Alec I've bought from Thomas Turner - last November- a Harrison "Chimera Barbel " rod "mint" from the early 2000's - well packed and delivered promptly.
They are in business to make a profit. The few items I know , such as hardy marksman seen dear to me but they sell, so I am wrong as they are helping setting a market price.

The Prodigy was the forerunner of the x-flite, i have both, and love them. Okay, not everyones cup of tea, but they suit me just fine.

The original Prodigy Barbel rods were available at the same time as the X-Flite Barbel rods. I also have both but I got the X-Flites first. As I got the 1.5/2lb version of the X-Flites, I bought the 1.75lb Prodigys to fill the TC gap.

Chris, with all due respect, you may well have bought your x-flite first, BUT, the prodigy's were already out there. There is a post in the BFW archives from Chris Brown ( 2004 ) about buying his first prodigy,

https://barbel.co.uk/forum/threads/greys-prodigy-barbel-rod.5158/

the Bfw posts about the x-flites didn't start till about ( 2011 - 12 ). I stand to be corrected of course.

I said they were available at the same time, not that they were introduced at the same time. Your suggestion that the Prodigy was the forerunner of the X-Flite suggests an evolutionary link. If that were the case, it seems unlikely that they'd ever have been available concurrently. Semantics no doubt, but it's the difference between the use of "forerunner" and "preceded".

I know many like to suggest that the X-Flites were a Prodigy with an extra tip and a paint job. However, I was assured, by someone that definitely should have known, that this wasn't the case.

Back