• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Weather poser

Darren Rosie

I've got the opportunity to fish either Saturday or Sunday this weekend, but can't decide which will be best to go, so need some advice. Saturday should see an increase of four to five degrees on Friday and Sunday one to two degrees more than Saturday, so would Saturday be suitable because of the higher jump in temperature or Sunday because the higher overall temperature :rolleye:eek:

Depends how much snow there is to melt - wouldn't fancy the Ribble when it 'warms up' as there's going to be several feet of snow melt water going through. Not good.

Our river (Nene) dropped from 49 deg on 9th Jan to 40 deg on 17th where it has stayed. While the air temp may be rising I think it will lead to melting snow entering the river systems and I can't see that causing any rise in water temp.

Don't think there will be much to choose between Sat/Sun. But you sure ain't going to catch anything if you don't get out there.

Back