• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Weekend on the Wye going cheap!!

Keith Speer

Hi Chaps

I know this is short notice but I thought I might try anyway.

Myself and a friend are booked for a weekend fishing on the Wye, unfortunately a family crisis has meant that my friend has had to cry off.

He is more than happy to pay for the weekend, that said, I would like to try and get a bit back for him and offer the opportunity to someone who might appreciate it.

The weekend has been organised by Graham Elliottt and we will be staying here http://www.castlelodge.co.uk/ on Friday and Saturday on a bed and breakfast basis.
On Saturday night there will be a meal at the hotel with all the wine you can drink.
The fishing on Saturday and Sunday is on a very excusive section of the Wye, this is a very prolific Barbel water and we will have access to about 40 swims.

The bad news is that I am still going, the good news is that there are another eight in our party who are bound to be great company.

As I have already stated Jon is happy to cover the cost, but I would like to get a bit back for him, the weekend has cost £235 so I am looking for offers of £120 +.

I hope this sounds good, the downside is that it is this weekend 29th June - 1st July.

If you are interested please give me a bell on 07500 447969.

Go on!!! You know you want to?

Tight lines chaps.

Last edited:
Gutted - would love to have come, but can't get out of work Friday.
Could have given Keith some trotting tuition & Graham some feeder/pellet tuition ;):D
Hope you have a great weekend chaps :)

Thats a shame Mark, would have been good to have you onboard.

Can't believe no one has picked this up yet.

2 nights excellent hotel accomodation with top breakfast.
2 Days fishing on a great beat
A fantastic 3 course evening meal with all the wine you can drink.

It would cost you far more to do it yourself and the actual cost of these things above alone exceeds whats Keith trying to save his pal. I'll even supply the bait!

Graham

Hi
sounds a great weekend at a bargain price.
Start of my holidays and I will be away at Bewdley
good luck
John

This is a not to be missed opportunity chaps!
I'm back down, booked up staying in Ross the following weekend. If I wasn't I'd have snapped your hand off. I was down last week, fishing about 3-4 miles downstream of this fishery and it missed brilliantly:)

Cheers
Mark

That's a shame Mr Sorrell, would have been nice to catch up!!

And before anyone else chirps in, it is not because I have run out of Mars Barz!!:):)

Sorry chaps

Have discussed this with the missus and despite it being an absolute bargain, we just can't stretch to it at this time.

Would love to have caught up with Graham and Keith, and I haven't fished the Wye for years.

:(

I would have given my eye teeth to go on that trip, especially considering the lads that are going on it. Sadly, I am off on another of the cruises SWMBO has insisted on, starting that Monday, so not about to get away with it. I am fairly sure that this would constitute grounds for divorce were I to test it in court....but she would probably have a cruise booked for the time of the court hearing as well :p

Anyone dithering about this trip...stop it...DO IT. Go and enjoy what promises to be a trip of a life time, and catch one or three for those of us who can only dream :(

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for your Comments all.

It sorted now and someone is going to have the weekend of a fishing lifetime.

And thats only the Special Reserva Rioja wine I have arranged.

Graham

That's a shame Mr Sorrell, would have been nice to catch up!!

And before anyone else chirps in, it is not because I have run out of Mars Barz!!:):)

My mars bars, GE's Rioja..............a match made in heaven :D

Have to sort out a fish together soon Keith, i NEED a kennet barbel on the float.

Have a good weekend.

Back