• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What now?

Darren Rosie

Now there's no river fishing what do you do? Fish for other species, take a rest, or spend quality time with her indoors(OUCH) :D

I took mine with me :D

one from today

63e99047-2a90-4827-8246-aebb35172778.jpg

we stayed here on the Servern

d2911fbe-7276-4f9d-b7fe-07a6b153bcb7.jpg

fantastic

Hi men ,

Canal for me , great rod race stuff , ie anything:D , but there are some quality perch and especially Gudgeon !. Lovely little fish , and I target them .

Sue does have a dabble with me , but also has a horse in foal that is due any time in the next few weeks !.

We both have a new grandson / daughter due in the next few weeks , and Luton could well win the league , busy times .

Hatter

Plenty of work to do on my local patch Darren after the winter storms. Start on sunday before the birdlife get tucked in. Footpaths along the river bank are going to repositioned because of bank errosion, trees made safe and access to swims kept open.
Always worth bailiffing in the close season,...turning a blind eye for three months would be unwise and an invitation to poachers.
If I get a chance, I shall dust off the beachcasters and try my luck for a Thornback or two. I failed miserably last spring,..to cold I think,..should be easier this year.

Sneaky Polaroids on the table ;) cant fault that lol.

Regards Wayne

Do some overtime at work, to accumalate some funds for emergencies, maybe a tench/carp session and to lower my handicap at golf (six months since i swung a club in anger).

Kind Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,
Use to play myself,searching to improvement and consistency both of which are like the Holy Grail.Managed to knock it round in 74 and 2days later could nearly break 90!!!Awful game that should be part of the sentencing process for all offenders.

There's plenty go at, my angling doesn't revolve around barbel...I'd get bored witless if it did.

Hopefully there may still be time for a couple more piking sessions and possibly a crack at some perch, then as we get into April there some bream on a local water that are well worth fishing for. Then as soon as things warm up properly it will be tenching on a Cheshire mere right through till they start spawning. July and August will see me switching my attention between carp, a bit of summer chubbing and maybe another crack at the bream. All things being well back onto the rivers after some barbel from September onwards.

Back