• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wind

Oh my lord - I find electrickory absolutely terrifying. I was stuck in traffic on the way home and was directly under the power lines and began to get nervous as they were jangling severely. Hope you get paid overtime if you do end up working night and day over the weekend.

I well remember witnessing a mate of mine catch a number of big chub including a PB on the Throop in the 80,s. ( Ernie Leah had put him the right swim mind you) The upstream gale force wind was creating enormous 'sea horses' and I just wanted to retire to the pub!
He was ledgering cheese on the far bank, and that day proved to be his best out of a 5 day stint,... he did lose his brolly though!
Old Earnie, that bought back some memories, he showed me how to float fish for the barbel, caught fish all day. Top man

Oh my lord - I find electrickory absolutely terrifying. I was stuck in traffic on the way home and was directly under the power lines and began to get nervous as they were jangling severely. Hope you get paid overtime if you do end up working night and day over the weekend.

I'm of an age where I've done enough OT in the past and don't really look forward to being out all hours and being away from home anymore, it's hard work and can be never ending. Difficult to go home when people are still off though.

Hatches all battened down here. I have the Windrush at the top of the garden and it's not called that for nothing. Since sunset there has been hardly any wind - definitely the calm before the storm.

Hatches all battened down here. I have the Windrush at the top of the garden and it's not called that for nothing. Since sunset there has been hardly any wind - definitely the calm before the storm.
Yes, eerily still down here in the South West at the moment.

Yesterday was supposedly the lull between the two storms and for most of the day it was a lovely sunny day. Then this came out of nowhere -

It only lasted 3-4 minutes but it wrecked one guys brolly, terrifying his 7 yo son and blew over 2 sets of rods.

Back