• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Brazen Otter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that it matters not what anglers do or don't do, we have no image other than one we allow the none angling public and press to heap on us, we are still being blamed for any swan deaths.

We just roll over and allow whatever to be done to us, our rivers fish stocks are not at the same level that they were when otters hunted or died through poisoning, otters are now finishing them off, who cares according to your post above nobody other than anglers, we don't count we have no voice (no matter what the Angling Trust may tell you) we have no image, stop worrying about what others may think.

I would love to see all anglers not buy a licence and the EA be forced to do what its should but its not going to happen.

If they had more members we'd have a voice, that's usually how it works, and a far more realistic goal than everyone boycotting EA licences, not that I'd be opposed to such an idea myself. Considering the cuts happening to the fishery department of the EA I'd say the AT are possibly our only chance, as still nobody has come up with a realistic alternative. Killing things with hammers is not a realistic alternative!

Seems to me that it matters not what anglers do or don't do, we have no image other than one we allow the none angling public and press to heap on us, we are still being blamed for any swan deaths.

We just roll over and allow whatever to be done to us, our rivers fish stocks are not at the same level that they were when otters hunted or died through poisoning, otters are now finishing them off, who cares according to your post above nobody other than anglers, we don't count we have no voice (no matter what the Angling Trust may tell you) we have no image, stop worrying about what others may think.

I would love to see all anglers not buy a licence and the EA be forced to do what its should but its not going to happen.
Just got my new licence, yet another tax to pay.:mad:
I do wish the trust would stop tip toeing around the edges and be more forceful.

Still not had mine despite several phone calls! All I did was change my details and upgrade to a salmon licence, but clearly that's too much hassle for them despite the extra money.
To be fair boycotting the licence wouldn't be too hard if clubs didn't require proof as I can only think of seeing an EA bailiff twice in about 30 years.

Still not had mine despite several phone calls! All I did was change my details and upgrade to a salmon licence, but clearly that's too much hassle for them despite the extra money.
To be fair boycotting the licence wouldn't be too hard if clubs didn't require proof as I can only think of seeing an EA bailiff twice in about 30 years.

I'm supposing the club you want to belong to require to see it before you join?

Oh right sorry, miss understood what you meant! I got my club cards earlier in the year so no hassle with that. What could become an issue, depending on how much of an arse they could be, it's if a club bailiff wants to see your l licence, which if fishing for salmon is very likely.

Oh right sorry, miss understood what you meant! I got my club cards earlier in the year so no hassle with that. What could become an issue, depending on how much of an arse they could be, it's if a club bailiff wants to see your l licence, which if fishing for salmon is very likely.
If it's good enough for the EA, then he should except it as well, common sense alert.:)

Rhys Perry;153359[B said:
]If they had more members we'd have a voice,[/B] that's usually how it works, and a far more realistic goal than everyone boycotting EA licences, not that I'd be opposed to such an idea myself. Considering the cuts happening to the fishery department of the EA I'd say the AT are possibly our only chance, as still nobody has come up with a realistic alternative. Killing things with hammers is not a realistic alternative!

That's something else that wont happen Rhys, if anglers were going to join in anywhere near the numbers that were first envisaged it would have already happened. I was a member but am not now and doubt I will ever rejoin.

Well, thank goodness for the likes of Graham Young, John Walker and Mark Anderson who are not afraid to stand up and be counted over issues of artificially introduced apex predators that are decimating our fisheries. They, like generations before them, knew how to deal with otters where they are a nuisance. No noise, no fuss, no publicity, job done.

The rest of you need to grow a pair.

Steve

Well, thank goodness for the likes of Graham Young, John Walker and Mark Anderson who are not afraid to stand up and be counted over issues of artificially introduced apex predators that are decimating our fisheries. They, like generations before them, knew how to deal with otters where they are a nuisance. No noise, no fuss, no publicity, job done.

The rest of you need to grow a pair.

Steve

Hmm I don't think posting it on the largest barbel site on the net is keeping it quiet Steve.

Nick,

Do you really think the bleeding hearts and liberals have got nothing better to do all day but to trawl through fishing forums looking for "evidence" to beat us with?

Anyway you are missing the point I'm trying to make and that is that we should stop trying to appease all and sundry and follow policies that we all know work to protect our interests.

So where do you stand Nick?

Steve.

Nick,

Do you really think the bleeding hearts and liberals have got nothing better to do all day but to trawl through fishing forums looking for "evidence" to beat us with?

Anyway you are missing the point I'm trying to make and that is that we should stop trying to appease all and sundry and follow policies that we all know work to protect our interests.

Steve.

Mostly right next to the River Severn holding an enormous bucket of boilies and other goodies, I imagine.

Nick,

Steve.

I stand on the right side of the law, always have done always will. Just because you have a couple of muppets agree that unlawfully killing otters and by posting things like trap em kill em gives you a tiny bit pf machismo doesn't make it right.

Must dash got a river to fill in with boilies and other goodies.

I stand on the right side of the law, always have done always will. Just because you have a couple of muppets agree that unlawfully killing otters and by posting things like trap em kill em gives you a tiny bit pf machismo doesn't make it right.

Nick,

This is not about personalities so the people who have responded to my views are not "muppets" and my "machismo" is irrelevant. This is about a serious threat to our rivers at the least, and an ongoing insidious erosion of our right to live as a proud British Nation at the other extreme.

Killing otters is against the law; full stop. I could list a raft of laws that we all transgress at some times in our lives but I'm sure you can fill in your own list. To play the "I'm a law abiding citizen" card is just hypocrisy.

I say if the end justifies the means then just do it.....................

Steve

Nick,

This is not about personalities so the people who have responded to my views are not "muppets" and my "machismo" is irrelevant. This is about a serious threat to our rivers at the least, and an ongoing insidious erosion of our right to live as a proud British Nation at the other extreme.

Killing otters is against the law; full stop. I could list a raft of laws that we all transgress at some times in our lives but I'm sure you can fill in your own list. To play the "I'm a law abiding citizen" card is just hypocrisy.

I say if the end justifies the means then just do it.....................

Steve

Steve, if you think that the anti brigades don't look in here and other fishing sites for ammunition or intelligence then you my friend are one naive cookie. Keep posting your intentions if you must. But don't be surprised if you get a visit from either the law or the loonies that run these groups. I in no way condone either of the actions of yourself and the back slapping macho brigade nor the violence that happens by these idiots who so called look after mother earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back