• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EXCITING NEWS ! THE BARBEL SHOW 2014: SUNDAY 4th MAY

A great show today, I was very impressed with the whole thing. Thoroughly enjoyed the Paul Witcher slot and the clip from his magical waters film. John Bailey's presentation was very eloquent and thought provoking, especially in relation to otters and cormorants, plus our need to get more young anglers involved in the sport and onto the rivers.

Terry Theobald was hilarious and has a wonderfully irreverent attitude to his fishing. I also found out at the bar last night that he can down a few pints! Great story about how after 10 years he managed to to achieve his goal of an 8lb chub.

Well done to Bobby Baker for managing to get to the show for a few hours to get some photos done before racing back to his newborn son.

Would have been nice to have seen you today Hatter, somehow managed to miss you!

Excellent spirit and vibe the whole day.

Hi men,

Howard , big clue , I was the one walking round in a Luton Town shirts :D , yes don't know how I missed you , but I missed Mr Pope as well , so not hard . Sat and had a great chat with Dave Mason recalling a fateful day . We had been chatting on the phone one eve arranging for him to join me in his campervan for a long weekend fishing . The normal banter flowed , and plans were made . The next day I got a call telling me of is stroke , and the long road started !. Good to see you back to your old self fella , and that trip will happen ;)

Hatter

Hi men,

Howard , big clue , I was the one walking round in a Luton Town shirts :D , yes don't know how I missed you , but I missed Mr Pope as well , so not hard . Sat and had a great chat with Dave Mason recalling a fateful day . We had been chatting on the phone one eve arranging for him to join me in his campervan for a long weekend fishing . The normal banter flowed , and plans were made . The next day I got a call telling me of is stroke , and the long road started !. Good to see you back to your old self fella , and that trip will happen ;)

Hatter

Quite Mark, he's a real character Dave Mason isn't he. Plus he is persuasive- he got me to buy some of his bait-the lamprey and liver had a fine aroma.

I only really managed to catch Terry's talk as I was running around like a mad man. Great talk and thoroughly entertaining......Took photos, had a few brief chinwags, missed lots of people, smoked a few fags, had lots of coffee, grabbed my new rods and buggered off. Nice to see a great turn out again and the event shows just what the society is about. Hat off to everyone involved.

Back