• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Headtorch warning

I do a lot of night fishing not just for barbel and ridgemonkey I rate. Green so much better then red . You get what you pay for.

On my favourite venue the mozzies are like exocet missiles as soon as they detect flesh, it's well known and many avoid it.

Head torch with red LED minimises their attention - not sure what green would do but not worth the risk :)

Probably built with our foreign aid money:mad:

Paul. They certainly are the biggest bug gers I have seen on that bit of water. Lumps like goose eggs!

Prompted by this discussion I started having a look on Ebay for rechargeable head torches.
Necessary features :-
Rechargeable
Lightweight
Waterproof
Steady red light.
This one seems to fit the bill at a bargain price and is UK dispatched promptly.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Recha...%3Ae83a44db15e0a99243718921ffffdc7e%7Ciid%3A1
I've checked with the supplier and although there isn't a battery charge level indicator the light will dim as the battery runs down.
There's quite a choice at a similar price. Anyone got any warnings or recommendations?

I bought a cheap one like the Hon Member for Liverpool described in his link, it was cheap, and by the time I had it delivered I forgot I ordered it, it is superb, two brightness settings, and a permanent red light if you want. No battery level indicator, but dims slowly...so will get you home.:)

I carry two spare batteries in my bit box, I used to be a boy scout, Be Prepared :rolleyes:

Back