• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lady Barbel Anglers

My wife helen fishes and has fished since going out with her dad fishing for eels on the severn in the 70s.i didnt drive till 2006 so helen was always dropping me off at the arrow and coming back the following morning or late evening.she one day said she would like to fish herself rather than just keep taking me so i kitted her out and she had some really good years on the arrow with a few special big girls along the way[which she said have gone].when the club banned us she decided to step down but we have some good talks lately concerning getting out in the car[sleeping in it at night like good old sue and hatter do]to further afield and just enjoy the scenery etc.

Why did you get banned Mick?

The majority of these posts are amazing. To post pictures of semi naked ladies really doesn't promote angling in a good perspective.

You may think that its funny Howard but when you have a daughter of that age you may reconsider.

Yes, I have a 21 year old daughter. But I also have the mental capacity to juggle, rationalise and compartmentalise even all the many diverse and often contradictory aspects of life. It's all about context Nick.

i think theres a lot more lady anglers looking in than most realise, we have and had some very good female anglers in our midst least of is our own Claire bless her :):):)

THE THEN CHAIRMAN WHO TOOK OVER THE CLUB WHO WAS A COMPLETE TOOL SAID WE WERE USING SHARK TACTICS AND TACKLE TO DRAG THE FISH OUT,HE WENT ON TO SAY OUR BAITS[USUALLY JB BIO SHELLFISH AND ALA SALAR COMBO WHICH IVE ALWAYS SHOUTED HOME ABOUT]AS A PASTE WRAP AROUND THE GOOD OL BFW ELLIPS OR SIMILAR,HEMP INTRODUCED USUALLY BY HAND OR DROPPER AND THE ODD SMALL PVA MESH BAG ON THE HOOK.HE SAID OUR BAITS WERE KILLING THE SILVER FISH FISHING AND RUINING EVERYONE ELSES CHANCE OF CATCHING FISH ON THAT SECTION OF RIVER=HE WAS A RAVING MAD TOOL.....................WHO THEN TWO YEARS LATER GAVE UP THE RIGHTS DUE TO LACK OF MEMBERSHIP AND THAT WAS EVEN AFTER THE JOKER advertised the section as prime barbel fishing waters.

THE THEN CHAIRMAN WHO TOOK OVER THE CLUB WHO WAS A COMPLETE TOOL SAID WE WERE USING SHARK TACTICS AND TACKLE TO DRAG THE FISH OUT,HE WENT ON TO SAY OUR BAITS[USUALLY JB BIO SHELLFISH AND ALA SALAR COMBO WHICH IVE ALWAYS SHOUTED HOME ABOUT]AS A PASTE WRAP AROUND THE GOOD OL BFW ELLIPS OR SIMILAR,HEMP INTRODUCED USUALLY BY HAND OR DROPPER AND THE ODD SMALL PVA MESH BAG ON THE HOOK.HE SAID OUR BAITS WERE KILLING THE SILVER FISH FISHING AND RUINING EVERYONE ELSES CHANCE OF CATCHING FISH ON THAT SECTION OF RIVER=HE WAS A RAVING MAD TOOL.....................WHO THEN TWO YEARS LATER GAVE UP THE RIGHTS DUE TO LACK OF MEMBERSHIP AND THAT WAS EVEN AFTER THE JOKER advertised the section as prime barbel fishing waters.

He sounds like a prize halfwit :(

An all too familiar story Mick. There are many top notch club officials out there (and we would all be up the creek without a paddle if we didn't have them) but there are also many who should never be in a position where their bizarre thought processes can have such devastating effects on the clubs they run.

In several of the clubs I have belonged to, it soon became apparent that several (sometimes the majority) of the committee members were there purely because they lived for the buzz they got from the power they could wield over the members. Egos are funny things...unless they cause mayhem, and then they aren't funny at all.

I think the problem is that the majority of us don't want the hassle of being a club official...we just want to get on with our fishing, and the hell with all that stuff. The result is that many of those desperate to achieve a position of power are voted in with barely a second thought...sort of a 'if they want to do it, then let 'em' mindset. We have all done it...and we sometimes live to rue the day. What's worse, we even sometimes give these guys block walk through re-election votes because it STILL seems the easiest course :D We are indeed our own worst enemies at times :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for your posts re daughter number 1 Neil and Alex. I would love to say she gets her song writing and singing ability from me. But that would be a big fat lie.

Daughter No. 1

Really impressed Howard, lovely tone to her voice. Having musical talent like that must be almost as good as being regarded as a great angler. Almost !

Nick C

Really impressed Howard, lovely tone to her voice. Having musical talent like that must be almost as good as being regarded as a great angler. Almost !

Nick C

I wouldn't know Nick! Still, I am quite good at driving a car with a large boot and carrying a heavy keyboard here, there and everywhere.

Back