• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Milk based HNV baits ?

steaming, the general idea was that only the surface and maybe a mm or 2 was steamed leaving you with a fairly sort of firm flexible skin which would obviously lose part of its appeal after the steaming but the undercooked and i stress under cooked insides would keep this appeal and goodness and leak out effectively after a shortish time on the hook ect,microwave ovens do the job quickly but if done the old fashioned way over a pot of water on the hob this alleviates the heat of a microwave reaching the baits centre ( which nullifies a lot of trying to keep the contents losing their effectiveness through the heat) mine over a hob seldom need more than a minute but does depend on the ingredients,
drying off is crucial its done fast so any heat is quickly dispersed, make a few and experiment, see how long they take to leak out (use a strong dye for this purpose) lift one out as soon as it begins to leak and try its texture by squeezing that bait, you may get surprised and if your using shelflifes your mouth will drop open with the comparisom:)

Hi all,

If you BELIEVE what you are using is better than what everybody else is ising, all the edges that have been suggested will (if you BELIEVE they are edges) make you sublimely confident and fish better as a result.

I go fishing occasionally with a guy who takes around a dozen baits on each trip. I have discussed this approach with him and suggested he is NOT confident in what he is using. He has not disputed my findings and admits to being in a general state of paranoia regarding his fishing. His big mistake, as he will freely admit, is believing in an ULTIMATE bait. I have already alluded to this issue in a previous post. IT DOESN@T EXIST!

This guy is going to die young chasing something akin to the Holy Grail!

ENJOY your fishing, and don't ever fall into this trap!!!!

I hope this makes some sense to most of you?

Best regards,

Jeff

Back