• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Non-Shimano Reel Thread!

Forget about that then Andy:(

Used the Korum reels since they came out, never missed a beat, don't use the baitrunner so can't comment on that, but for the money I've been happy

Surprised Daiwa haven't had a mention in this thread, the Regal BR's are a good price and Daiwa's have excellent clutches too.

I bought a pair of Okuma Epix Pros from someone on another forum and they are excellent reels and came with three spools. Can't fault them and don't see what the fuss is all about with Shimanos.

I had some Daiwa Regal BRs. Horrid nasty tinny things, so I sold them and bought some more Shimanos DLs. I've tried Daiwas, Okumas, Abu and in my opinion compared to Shimano they're all second best. Sorry, I realise this is supposed to be a non-Shimano thread, but it's the truth.

I have two Okuma Expixors, boxed and with four metal spools if anyone's interested, not a patch on the DLs.

I use 2 Map cfs 4000 bait runners. Never let me down. Smooth. Great line lay. I also have 8000 gte's but to big for rivers I fish. Maps are value for money.

I just got a pair of new Okuma LB 50 reels on eBay for less than £50 shipped. Seem well enough specified so let's see how they are when they arrived :eek:

Stephen

The reels arrived! Have a quick look. Seriously impressed for under £25 a reel. Will report back when I have had a chance to test them on the banks :)

Stephen

Stephen how did you get on with those Longbows???

Once you have tested them on the banks, are you going to try them on the rivers Stephen :D

I guess I'll be trying them on the blanks first David :D

Still not been out yet John :eek:

Anyhow reel spooled with the new Daiwa Hyper Sensor 12lb so I'll be testing that at the same time :cool:

Stephen

While in the tackle shop today i had a play with the Korum KX1 Baitfeeder reel in size 50, its a nice looking reel it felt very smooth and well made, comes with 2 spools £50 cant be bad?

Did you get out and use them in anger then Stephen?

If that be the case then i hope your new reels see some action...

Back