• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Non-Shimano Reel Thread!

Got to try them out a bit yesterday John. Seem good in pretty much every respect, not unlike the 6000Ds :eek:

Didn't manage to catch any barbel, only bream so can't comment on the front clutch that much save to say it seems at least every bit as smooth as the 6000Ds, maybe more so :eek: :eek:

The only thing which might not be to my preference is that the rear bait runner clutch does not go up as tight as the Shimanos. Not a problem in normal conditions but might be constantly slipping if you are fishing 8oz or more in flood water :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anything I'd change? A metal line clip rather than a plastic one for starters but to be fair the Ds have a plastic clip.

Hope that helps.

Stephen

Hiya Stephen,
Thanks for the update Matey pity you didnt get a barbel to test out that front drag, mind you people seem to say that they give line smoother than the rear drags....Suppose the plastic line clip is being a little picky for what the reels cost and i dont think that i will be needing 8 ounce leads:eek: I will see if i can have a look at one in the shop though i must admit after having a look at the korum kxi 50 the other day i like the look and feel of them....I dont know we are spoilt for choice aren't we? :)

Back