• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge 2014

Robin won't be after the burbot prize then, I believe they've got lots of (little) teeth. :)

...as a percentage of the current UK National Record.

And I think pike shouldn't count. Nasty, bitey things.

After last night i would agree Robin. I was reeling in my feeder quickly to get it up and above the piles, and a pike hit the feeder and bit through the line :mad:

Dave

Hi mike - not been for a few years but what better way to have my first session on the Ouse this year! Will have a quick beer after then home unless any accommodation offers!
p.s keen piker!!!

Looks like I'm in Wales next weekend so won't be able to come. Gutted! I had a tub of red worms ready for those tommies, they'll have to wait till next year. Good luck to all attending

OK chaps [as yet no chapesses have expressed an interest] , here are the arrangements . Turn up at 12 midday next Saturday , on the back lane grass verge in Newton on Ouse ,[the lane is behind the Blacksmiths arms at Newton on Ouse ] . We will begin by laughing at Robins ridiculous amount of tackle :), hold the draw and then walk down to the river to start at 1pm , finish will be at 7pm , then back to the Black Horse in Tollerton for beer and grub . Please note you must park ONLY on the verge in the back lane NOT in the pub car park or on the main street . If anyone has any mobility needs I can make arrangements for parking at the fishery entrance , let me know . To confirm the entrants I have so far are myself , Robin Bowes , Jonathon Robinson , Spiros Papaglimis ,Mike Joyce , Ken Jones, Dave Maddison , Mark Dyer , Greg Mellor, Gavin Hoe - Richardson and Mike Lowrence . I will be booking you all in for food at the pub unless I hear different . The special prize for the largest barbel caught on a cane rod will be a cane rod , a refurbished Edgar Sealey 11 foot all split cane 3 piecer . wow !!! See you all on the day , hopefully mother Ouse will not have completely dried up , pray for rain ....

BTW, how's the river looking? Any water in?

Am about to board the delayed BA0286 from SFO to LHR. I think I might bring a dog stake on Saturday to save me when I fall asleep and topple in the Ouse!

R.

Back